Anyone hear Hansen Loudspeakers

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
These speakers are freaken HEAVY according to their specs and appear tp be full range as well. Even their smallest model weighs in at a hefty 70 ish pounds for a speaker thats only 23" high.

Have anyone here heard them before?

http://www.hansenaudio.com/

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
These speakers are freaken HEAVY according to their specs and appear tp be full range as well. Even their smallest model weighs in at a hefty 70 ish pounds for a speaker thats only 23" high.

Have anyone here heard them before?

http://www.hansenaudio.com/
They look like very high quality speakers to me. the drivers look very nice and the weight indicates they're probably well braced and dampened.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
No, but they do look like they can pump out some sound. Looks likea very high quality speaker.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Stereophile analyzed/measured one of their upper end speakers a while back. Overall, the measured behaviour was superb. Cabinet resonance is extremely low. Off axis response is good. Energy decay for the drivers/crossover was excellent. Diffraction is pretty much absent here, as the cabinets use large, smooth radiuses/shapes to smoothly transition acoustic pressure waves off the edges of the cabinet. The only issue is that the crossover transition from the woofer to mid-bass had a rather noticeable dip as opposed to a flat transition. This indicates they tried to save money by not using the appropriate impedance correction filters (which would be very expensive due to the very low frequency cross over point). Other than this fault, they appear to be great quality speakers.

-Chris

M

MatthewB.

Audioholic General
I'm sure they'll sound great while playing "MMmmmmmBop" ;)

R

Robof83

Audioholic
Those are some really cool speakers. I had never even heard of this brand so thanks for the link.

+/- 2dB from 18hz to 23,000 hz looks impressive. I wonder what these babies cost?

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
BTW..Hansen is a Canadian speaker. Thought I'd toss that in there . :D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis