Anyone ever regret buying a SVS PB-12NSD ?

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
To those of you who have auditioned and or owned an SVS PB12-NSD, did anyone ever regret their choice? As in, they ended up going bigger to find what they were looking for?
(for say 2500 cu ft spaces or less)

T

trolly

Enthusiast
To those of you who have auditioned and or owned an SVS PB12-NSD, did anyone ever regret their choice? As in, they ended up going bigger to find what they were looking for?
I went from the PB12-NSD to the PB12-Plus. The NSD is a fantastic performer but I just really wanted to own the Plus after reading Audioholic's review.....Product of the Year didn't hurt either. ;)

Last edited:
E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Room size?
How much difference was there and where?

T

trolly

Enthusiast
Room size?
How much difference was there and where?
It's hard to say how big my room is because it's open to many other areas and has cathedral ceilings. I would estimate 3200 cu.ft. The Plus is on a different level in every way...cabinet build, finish, driver, amp etc as far as performance, the primary use is home theater with maybe 10% music listening. The Plus is very accurate ( I'm running in 20hz mode with 3 ports open) tight and deep. Maybe effortless is a good word to use....Super 8 was simply amazing.

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
No direct experience with the NSD, but Super8 was a great sounding movie. That train reck sounded like it was crashing through my livingroom. Such a good mix on that disc. I bet it sounded excellent on the Plus!!!

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
i had a pc12nsd in a 2.6k cu ft room. it was plenty loud, but it just wasn't my style not to get the pc13ultra for the same floorspace :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I might regret buying one if I didn't at least try to win one first. :) (Just wanted to give you a heads up on the contest, assuming that you're a U.S. resident.)

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
I wouldn't necessarily call moving up to a "bigger" sub later equal to regret at an earlier "smaller" sub. But honestly you're the only one that can answer whether or not you want more sub. I did, and there were no commercial options that would give me what I wanted so I went DIY. But I worked my way up to it. :)

timoteo

timoteo

Audioholic General
Congrats!!! You've got yourself a very nice sub comin your way!! Please get back to us with your impressions & more importantly, pics!!! :) Of your new sub & whole system.

Josuah:
I noticed in your signature that 2 of your systems have 4-15" sealed subs. Thats pretty impressive! What driver/amp combos did you use? & your thoughts on the subs?...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
I might regret buying one if I didn't at least try to win one first. :) (Just wanted to give you a heads up on the contest, assuming that you're a U.S. resident.)
Do you have to remind me?:rolleyes:

Geeeeeene!! Adam is teazing us Canadians again!! Make him stop!:mad::D

J

Josuah

Senior Audioholic
Josuah:
I noticed in your signature that 2 of your systems have 4-15" sealed subs. Thats pretty impressive! What driver/amp combos did you use? & your thoughts on the subs?...
Thanks. Both systems are sharing the same subwoofer setup. They are 15" TC-2000 drivers. The DCX2496 is used for PEQ and also to add a simulated Linkwitz-Transform. They are flat to 5Hz at reference level.

This is only possible with a sealed system, unless you want a port/passive radiator the size of your sofa (or two). A ported or passive radiator design would also have unacceptable group delay.

I posted the build on here a while back: Sealed Sonotube Subwoofer.

E

E-A-G-L-E-S

Full Audioholic
Thanks for the reminder...I am in the contest! Dual PB12's would be just amazing!

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Do you have to remind me?:rolleyes:

Geeeeeene!! Adam is teazing us Canadians again!! Make him stop!:mad::D
Well, sign up and if you win it you can have it shipped to my address, then I can ship it to you from my house. It shouldn't cost that much.

DJ

D

DrAwesome

Enthusiast
i do, its so BIG! just kidding, first day and its freakin sweet.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis