Anybody Here Know How Much It Costs Too???

samsungson

samsungson

Audioholic
How much it costs to lift a truck.

I'm looken to get a Nissan Frontier and want to lift it about 5 or 6 inches from stock. :D

THANKS!!

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
Depends. There are two types of lifts you can do:

The first is IMO crappy and mainly cosmetic where you lift the body but leave the suspension alone. This will give you more clearence in your wheel wells but not help you much offroad. I think the max you can do with this is 4 inches.

The second which is far more expensive but way better is a lift done via replacing parts in the suspension. This lift gives you more flex when you are offroading or doing whatever. The price on this one can vary greatly depending on the company whos lift kit you go with and exactly what you are looking for. I would suggest shoping around at local shops becasue without the right equipment lifting a truck is a huge pain in. These can cost from 500-however much you want to spend. I would probably guess between 1000-2000 for good prices stuff and labor, if you shop around.

Lastly, don't forget to get an alignment done after you get a lift because you are probably getting new tires with it and they will get eatten up fast. You might also want to get your speedometer adjusted after the new tires too, cops don't like the "but I made my car big and abonoxious, so I had no idea how fast I was going, sir" ;).

samsungson

samsungson

Audioholic
Depends. There are two types of lifts you can do:

The first is IMO crappy and mainly cosmetic where you lift the body but leave the suspension alone. This will give you more clearence in your wheel wells but not help you much offroad. I think the max you can do with this is 4 inches.

The second which is far more expensive but way better is a lift done via replacing parts in the suspension. This lift gives you more flex when you are offroading or doing whatever. The price on this one can vary greatly depending on the company whos lift kit you go with and exactly what you are looking for. I would suggest shoping around at local shops becasue without the right equipment lifting a truck is a huge pain in. These can cost from 500-however much you want to spend. I would probably guess between 1000-2000 for good prices stuff and labor, if you shop around.

Lastly, don't forget to get an alignment done after you get a lift because you are probably getting new tires with it and they will get eatten up fast. You might also want to get your speedometer adjusted after the new tires too, cops don't like the "but I made my car big and abonoxious, so I had no idea how fast I was going, sir" ;).

:D

Ya, I just saw a picture of the truck I'm in the market for with a 3 inch lift with stock tires and it looked pretty good!!!

I figure with a three inch lift and some slightly bigger and better rims and tires, I can make the Frontier look pretty bad you know what looken. :D

YA, I also don't want to stand OUT to cops much so I gotta stay wise. :rolleyes:

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Why do you want to lift your truck? Are you thinking of going off road or it is just for macho look?
I would suggest to get a Toyota Tacoma for a better look and better durability on and off road.

Here a link about lift options. Its for Tacoma but it may apply to a Nissan Frontier also.

http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?article=137

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
How much it costs to lift a truck.

I'm looken to get a Nissan Frontier and want to lift it about 5 or 6 inches from stock. :D

THANKS!!
If you want a lot of info, go to Spike's site, look up: Trucks, Extreme 4x4 they have links on all things trucks including parts and kits manufacturers.

samsungson

samsungson

Audioholic
YA, I just hope I can control myself owning one!!!:eek::rolleyes:

My truck now has NO bells and whistles, so the change might hit me strong! Heheheheeee:D

- CRAP

samsungson

samsungson

Audioholic
THANKS again everyone!! For all the Info.!!! :)

This sight is good in many ways. :D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
You know what you SHOULD do? Take a good, long, and possibly hard look at your truck and ask yourself "Do I even need this stupid thing?". Probably not. Most people buy trucks so they can drive like an *******. I bought one of the smallest cars made. I'm polite. If your truck's wheels are shiny and your undercarriage is clean enough to eat off, you really don't need a truck, and you're wasting gas and destroying your roads for nothing.

SheepStar

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
You know what you SHOULD do? Take a good, long, and possibly hard look at your truck and ask yourself "Do I even need this stupid thing?". Probably not. Most people buy trucks so they can drive like an *******. I bought one of the smallest cars made. I'm polite. If your truck's wheels are shiny and your undercarriage is clean enough to eat off, you really don't need a truck, and you're wasting gas and destroying your roads for nothing.

SheepStar

Some folks are just truck people and want to drive trucks, Not little foo foo cars. lol.

I personally would never buy a car as my only vehicle. Cars simply have no use for me. With a truck I can haul stuff, Drive practically anywhere, and theyre alot cooler.

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
and theyre alot cooler.
I know 8 thousands people in Vancouver that would disagree.

If you're going to drive a 4x4 truck and NOT use it for work, you should be taxed out the *******..

There's that word again.

SheepStar

samsungson

samsungson

Audioholic
My current truck is a 1994 chevy pickup with about 135,000 miles on it.

And ZERO goodies. No AC or power locks and windows. :(

I just want something Nice and something that will pamper me a little more. :D

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
My current truck is a 1994 chevy pickup with about 135,000 miles on it.

And ZERO goodies. No AC or power locks and windows. :(

I just want something Nice and something that will pamper me a little more. :D
This is my opinion so take it as such, I don't think it's wise to spend any kind of money on 13 year old truck with that kind of mileage, it just isn't worth it. Any amount of money beyond maintenance you invest is completely, 100% wasted cash. If you want to be pampered, save your money and buy something with a bit more luxury.:)

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis