Any tips for wall mounting 50" Plasma

Matt34

Matt34

Going to get a mount this weekend and mount the TV in the living room since I'm getting a new A/V stand. Should I go with tilt mount, low profile etc???

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Well this would depend on placement of the Plasma.

1) If you are going to mount the Plasma at eye level I would go with the low profile.

2)If the Plasma will be mounted above eye level then the tilt mount would be the best option here.

Matt34

Matt34

Well this would depend on placement of the Plasma.

1) If you are going to mount the Plasma at eye level I would go with the low profile.

2)If the Plasma will be mounted above eye level then the tilt mount would be the best option here.
It's going to be a little above eye level. My kid has found the power button and thinks it's cute to turn the TV off so I want to get it up off the A/V cabinet.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
It's going to be a little above eye level. My kid has found the power button and thinks it's cute to turn the TV off so I want to get it up off the A/V cabinet.
I know that feeling my daughter has taken a crayon to my wife's LCD. So option 2 will be the best bet than. Also find a mount that has the ability to slide just in case it does not mount dead center on the wall.

Matt34

Matt34

I know that feeling my daughter has taken a crayon to my wife's LCD. So option 2 will be the best bet than. Also find a mount that has the ability to slide just in case it does not mount dead center on the wall.
Yeah, I'm going to need one that does as I've already found the studs when I put up a shelving unit. I don't think I'll be able to get the TV perfectly centered so the but with the tilt and slide adjustments I'll get it close.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Matt are you doing it by yourself? I would get a tilt one or one of the arm extending ones.They look cool and are very versitile.My hotel room has one in it today and its sweet you can litarally move the tv however you want it.I dont know what they cost but darn it they are cool.....:D

Matt34

Matt34

Matt are you doing it by yourself? I would get a tilt one or one of the arm extending ones.They look cool and are very versitile.My hotel room has one in it today and its sweet you can litarally move the tv however you want it.I dont know what they cost but darn it they are cool.....:D
Yeah, going to tackle it myself. I may have to invite a friend over when it's time to actually mount the TV but everything else I should be able to manage on my own.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Matt,make sure its straight LOL.....I would need a hand for sure....best of luck buddy I am sure it will be perfect.....:)

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
With the horizontal slide feature you should get dead center or pretty close to dead center. Which company are you going with on the mount Peerless,Omni-Mount or Sanus?

Matt34

Matt34

With the horizontal slide feature you should get dead center or pretty close to dead center. Which company are you going with on the mount Peerless,Omni-Mount or Sanus?
Not sure, need to find out what works with my plasma. Might run down to BB and see what they have on hand. Have to check out the Audioholics store as well.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Not to get into previous post, get the pivot/ pitch its not that much more and may come in handy if relocation comes up.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hi Matt, don't forget to run a variety of cables because you just never know...:). I learned that....the hard way:eek:.

Good luck....Bill:)

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
BMXTRIX recommended this mount because it was the most hassle free affordable one out there.

I screwed a piece of wood (wider than the mount) to my wall so that I could attach to the stud that I was just going to miss with the mount. I then attached the mount to the wood. I still ran screws through the wood and into the studs where I could when I fastened the mount to the wood.

I was pretty particular about finding the center of each stud. You can spray paint the wood black to make it blend in. I haven't gotten to that part yet.

You can go on Peerless' site to check compatibility with your TV.

Matt34

Matt34

;) I went ahead and ordered the one I last linked too. Looks pretty straight forward and got lots of positive review on build quality and installation. It's 32" wide so I can hit both studs without any modifications.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
;) I went ahead and ordered the one I last linked too. Looks pretty straight forward and got lots of positive review on build quality and installation. It's 32" wide so I can hit both studs without any modifications.
I mounted my buddies 52" LCD with the same one....worked out perfect and easy as pie to install.

Good luck with the install....remember measure thrice cut finger.....wait no.....measure twice cut once...:)

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
I agree, I bought that same mount 2 years back for my 42" in my bedroom, Knowing in the future that I would be hanging my 50" on it down the line, more then capable and a very easy swap out....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis