Any modern recievers with LD AC-3 inputs anymore?

W

Westrock2000

Junior Audioholic
I'd like to get another reciever eventually, and I would like to enjoy my Laserdisc to the fullest. Currently I just use the PCM output for stereo or Pro-Logic since my Signature 2.0 doesn't have a RF input.

And it seems like once DVD's started selling, manufacturers stopped putting in RF demodulators overnight. So I know I can simply buy an older reciever, like a H/K AVR80 or Kenwood older top of the line...and I know that they will sound the same as any newer reciever, but some of the newer ones have some features I would like, mostly more video switching (like more than 2 S-Video's and component switching period). And I know that there are seperate RF demods, but finding them to begin with is kinda hard, and some poeple sell them for more than they were new.

So my question is, do any manufacturers sell moderatly priced recievers in the last couple years (So I can choose between new model or a slighty used) that have on board RF demods?

Votrax

Votrax

Audioholic
I don't think you'll find one. I believe the Denon AVR-5805 has the RF AC3 input, but I'm sure that's out of the price range you were looking for.

U

Unregistered

As a matter of fact there is, however it is vry pricey! It would be the Yamaha RX-Z9. Has a jack built in.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis