Any Deadheads out there?

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
Brand new to the site just wondered if there were any other Deadheads around?

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
I'm guessing your into Phish too based on your name :D , saw them all 4 nights of their NYE Miami run, amazing!!

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
I'm guessing your into Phish too based on your name :D , saw them all 4 nights of their NYE Miami run, amazing!!
Only one night for me:( Mule is my ticket

just up the road from ya in deerfield

tbergman

tbergman

Full Audioholic
Thats why I love this site, I can post what I think is helpful and get better info back in response, downloading a few sbd's now. A lot better speeds then archive.org too.

J

jamie2112

Banned
Yep 417 shows from 82 to 95............I guess I am a deadhead....

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Thats why I love this site, I can post what I think is helpful and get better info back in response, downloading a few sbd's now. A lot better speeds then archive.org too.
with bt the speeds are up to the seeders:eek: On a good day I can grab a 3 disc 1.5g show in 40min;) I love bandwith:eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
{Thread hijack}:)
A question for you Dead fans:

Is there a song called "The Wheel?"
One night, years ago, I heard it on the radio WNEW FM.
It had to be at least 15 minutes long, great instrumental parts. (I know, that's no help):D

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
{Thread hijack}:)
A question for you Dead fans:

Is there a song called "The Wheel?"
One night, years ago, I heard it on the radio WNEW FM.
It had to be at least 15 minutes long, great instrumental parts. (I know, that's no help):D
The Wheel was performed just over 250 times by the Grateful Dead between 1976 and 1995.

The Wheel was composed spontaneously in the studio during the recording of the second side of Jerry Garcia's first solo LP. Garcia spoke about it in an interview;

...that side was really almost one continuous performance, pretty much. When a song would come up in there, or just a progression, we'd play with it and work it through a few more times. And The Wheel came out of that. It wasn't written, I didn't have anything in mind, I hadn't sketched it out.

The engineer on the recording session, Bob Matthews, spoke in an interview about the addition of the lyrics;

As we were playing it back and doing some of the overdubs, Hunter was there and he had a big piece of paper and he was writing on it up on the wall. He was writing words while we were listening to one of the playbacks and it turned out to be perfect. It was The Wheel. That song came from nowhere and just happened like that.

A track named Study For The Wheel was also included on the 2004 Garcia box set and on the subsequent expanded CD release of the Garcia album.

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
with bt the speeds are up to the seeders:eek: On a good day I can grab a 3 disc 1.5g show in 40min;) I love bandwith:eek:
Etree is still AMAZING!! I remember the days of email lists and private ftp servers. Archive.org is nice too just a little slower and not as many artists.

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Etree is still AMAZING!! I remember the days of email lists and private ftp servers. Archive.org is nice too just a little slower and not as many artists.
The sad thing is im still using FTP with some tapers:) I love the old Jerry and Merl shows, the Beatles covers and that funky sound.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks RaggaD!
Really appreciate the thorough and fast response!

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
The sad thing is im still using FTP with some tapers:) I love the old Jerry and Merl shows, the Beatles covers and that funky sound.
When Jerry and Merl got together it was pure magic!

J

jamie2112

Banned
When Jerry and Merl got together it was pure magic!
I had Merl Sanders play in my front yard in 93.We were living in a mansion and hired Merl and the rainforest band to play in our yard.We built a 24x30 stage and raged all night.Merl was a great guy and hung out all night smokin and shootin the breeeze....

RaggaD

RaggaD

Audioholic Intern
I had Merl Sanders play in my front yard in 93.We were living in a mansion and hired Merl and the rainforest band to play in our yard.We built a 24x30 stage and raged all night.Merl was a great guy and hung out all night smokin and shootin the breeeze....
Wow!!

Must have been absolutely amazing. I am envious indeed!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis