Anthem MRX 700 - Anthem 500 - Anthem 300 - ARC - Anthem Room Correction

P

Pupp

Audioholic Intern
In the various reviews and other forums talking about ARC (Anthem Room Correction), they mention that you need a laptop with Microsoft Windows on it, PLUS a USB to Serial adaptor. - - There is a work around for those that do not have a laptop (but have a desktop computer): Serial RS-232 nine pin cables are available up to 100 feet in length. -Cables to Go sells them. They also do custom cables, if you happen to need more than 100 feet. Haven't gotten my Anthem MRX receiver yet, because I was trying to figure out a way to use ARC without having to revive an old Vista laptop with a bad hard drive that's been gathering dust for a while. Just to cover my bases, I got both a serial card and a Keyspan Tripp Lite high speed USB to Serial adaptor. Case your wondering why I got both: I got the USB to serial adaptor, then a couple days later, wondered what the longest length serial cable I could get. When I realized I could get a 50 footer, I decided to get the serial card, since it would eliminate a step in the process of hooking my computer to the Anthem MRX receiver.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis