Another PSB Alpha review (no towers)

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Here's another review of the PSB Alphas but unfortunatley, its only their bookshelves and not the towers. They make a comparison to the Energy RC-10s towards the bottom of the review. They say the Energy is a better speaker (costs a lil more too) than the Alphas but it certainly doesn't walk over the Alpha's. Just thought I'd share this.

http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/psb_alpha_b1.htm

Takeereasy

Takeereasy

Audioholic General
I'm always glad to see a good PSB review, but I've got to say I'm not a huge fan of this one 3db. The reviewer used too much flowery language for me. Again, I liked the sentiment, but didn't like the text itself. To be honest I do think the Alpha speakers are OK, and the prices are very fair in Canada, but in the US you might be able to do better. IMHO I think that the true gem in the PSB lineup is in the IMage series. That's where the value and pricelines are skewed heavily in favour of value.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I read between the flowery lines *G*

Takeereasy said:
I'm always glad to see a good PSB review, but I've got to say I'm not a huge fan of this one 3db. The reviewer used too much flowery language for me. Again, I liked the sentiment, but didn't like the text itself. To be honest I do think the Alpha speakers are OK, and the prices are very fair in Canada, but in the US you might be able to do better. IMHO I think that the true gem in the PSB lineup is in the IMage series. That's where the value and pricelines are skewed heavily in favour of value.
You hit the review right on the head over this review. The way I read it, the alphas did everything well for the stuff they could do and the stuff they couldn't do, they simply omitted. That trait of not trying to sopmething they are not designed for runs thru the entire PSB. I like the comparison between the energies and if I had an extra $100.00 I would have chosen the Energies over the Alphas

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis