Anonymous negative comments

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
When someone adds to a reputation with a "thank you", their name is listed. When someone detracts from a reputation with an "anti-thank you", they remain anonymous. Why is that?:confused: Shouldn't we be able to PM someone after they have dissed us to call them an @$$hole?:eek:

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
As far as I know, names aren't automatically given if someone uses the reputation button - either for positive or negative feedback. They are only given if someone uses the "Thanks" button.

It's been suggested here before that people add their name in the comment line if they want the other person to know who gave (or took away) rep.

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
As far as I know, names aren't automatically given if someone uses the reputation button - either for positive or negative feedback. They are only given if someone uses the "Thanks" button.

It's been suggested here before that people add their name in the comment line if they want the other person to know who gave (or took away) rep.
Those who withold their names when taking away rep are CHICKEN!:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Those who withold their names when taking away rep are CHICKEN!:D
I hear ya. It's more comfortable to ding somebody anonymously, I think. I also think that it's better, although less comfortable, to do it with some explanation. Always nice to talk through our differences, IMO.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Just a thought

has anyone been dinged with his/her name attached. Now that would take .....;). Hey Joe I'll give you some positive love to balance things out:D.

itschris

itschris

I wish we could figure out why the Rep Scales and Thanks button don't always work. Has anyone come up with any ideas?

itschris

itschris

I think you should at least give an explanation for giving someone negative rep... and it shouldn't be just because you don't agree with what the person's saying.

Negative Rep should be given for being a jackweed on the forum. There was an instance or two where I would have like to ding someone... and I certainly would have let them know it was me and would have told them why.. but my scales don't work when I click.

I have no problem giving or taking negative rep if it's deserved.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Chris, your buttons still aren't working? Hmmm, now I know who to slam. I can get a few good "jackweed" comments in on ya for free. :)

J

Joe Schmoe

Audioholic Ninja
I think you should at least give an explanation for giving someone negative rep... and it shouldn't be just because you don't agree with what the person's saying.
Here are the so-called "explanations" I got:

In a thread where I recommended some good speakers in the OPs price range: "Terrible".

In a thread where I mentioned seeing an old movie in college: "College, LOL."

In a thread where I expressed a negative opinion about speakers I dislike: "Schmoe."

You can see how helpful those are. As I said, the people who post such comments anonymously are yella.:D

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
Here are the so-called "explanations" I got:

In a thread where I recommended some good speakers in the OPs price range: "Terrible".

In a thread where I mentioned seeing an old movie in college: "College, LOL."

In a thread where I expressed a negative opinion about speakers I dislike: "Schmoe."

You can see how helpful those are. As I said, the people who post such comments anonymously are yella.:D
Looking at the comments it seems like a single person has it out for you. I agree with the others, if someone gives negative rep to another, the sytem should always put your name automatically next to the chicklet (just like the thanks option) and then leaving you an option to leave a comment if you want.

audioman00

Audioholic
When someone adds to a reputation with a "thank you", their name is listed. When someone detracts from a reputation with an "anti-thank you", they remain anonymous. Why is that?:confused: Shouldn't we be able to PM someone after they have dissed us to call them an @$$hole?:eek:
hell ya we should! right on brother!

itschris

itschris

Chris, your buttons still aren't working? Hmmm, now I know who to slam. I can get a few good "jackweed" comments in on ya for free. :)
Yeah... I'm outta luck.. nothing happens when I click the scales and I when I click the Thanks button, most times it just disappears and nothing ends up happening. It's just weird and no ones been able to figure out why. I'm a Senior Audioholic now yet I'm still powerless!

Matt34

Matt34

Yeah... I'm outta luck.. nothing happens when I click the scales and I when I click the Thanks button, most times it just disappears and nothing ends up happening. It's just weird and no ones been able to figure out why. I'm a Senior Audioholic now yet I'm still powerless!
How fast is your internet connection? Are you using a pop-up blocker?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
When I leave positive or negative reputation I always leave my name just in case they would like to discuss it with me. If they feel they need to return the favor (in reference to negative feedback) then by all means they can just click away. It's not as if any trolls have enough posts or reputation behind them to even dent my reputation.:D

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
When I leave positive or negative reputation I always leave my name just in case they would like to discuss it with me. If they feel they need to return the favor (in reference to negative feedback) then by all means they can just click away. It's not as if any trolls have enough posts or reputation behind them to even dent my reputation.:D
I love having power.

SheepStar

itschris

itschris

How fast is your internet connection? Are you using a pop-up blocker?
At home I have hi speed cable, at the office it's quite a bit faster. I have a popup blocker but that isn't the issue because every now and then it works. I have been able to thank people in the past, but not very often lately. It's just weird. When I click the button, it actually disappears.

No one seems to know why. No biggie, but I'd like to rep and say thank you more often.

itschris

itschris

... reminds me of a quote from one of my favorite movies...

"It's good to be the King!"

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord

"I'm your HuckleBerry"

:D

T

tbessie

Audiophyte
Unrelated question here, for the Admins...

Hello there...

I have an unrelated question, but for some reason, the forum won't let me start a new thread.

And that's my question - I've had an account her for some months, but I can't start a new thread (thus I'm posting in this one, a recent one).

When I try to write a message to the admins, it brings up a page of raw HTML... I'm goin' crazy here.

Can some admin who reads this let me know why I can't start a new thread? I had an as-yet unasked question. :)

- Tim

[Edit] Hmm, I see it says "Awaiting registration confirmation"; I recall now that I never got an email to confirm the registration - Hello Admins, could I be sent that email so I can top-post? Thanks! :)

Last edited:
mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
Can some admin who reads this let me know why I can't start a new thread? I had an as-yet unasked question. :)

- Tim

[Edit] Hmm, I see it says "Awaiting registration confirmation"; I recall now that I never got an email to confirm the registration - Hello Admins, could I be sent that email so I can top-post? Thanks! :)
hold tight, i have informed the admins.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis