Announced: New Pioneer Elite A/V Receivers with HDMI 1.3a

morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Enthusiast
New HD amps

I see at www.avland.co.uk they've got the new Onkyo HD amps there too and the new pioneers.

That flagship Pioneer looks just incredible.

Yamaha never revised the Z9, it was only meant to bring out the very best of dvd. From what i can tell with other users thats exactly what it did. However i've spoken to my local Yamaha dealer and he's said it's all very hush hush about the new HD Z9 replacement. Coming this summer or autumn it'll be about £4500 (about $9,000).

I have a feeling Yamaha will bring something very special to the table, rewrite the rule book as they did with the Z9 years ago.

Once thats done Denon will bring out its new flagship which will require its own foundations and power plant.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
I look at the specs, and the first thing that pops out is HDMI 1.3a. It's the "a" that kills me. Before you know it, there will be a "b" version that adds something to the table. You just can't keep up with technology.

solomr2

solomr2

Full Audioholic
Well, this explains why I can't get the VSX84TXSI - I've been waiting for nearly 2 months.

I really like the stats of these new receivers. For the price is seems unbelievable... HDMI 1.3, Doby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio decoding, THX, multi-room, iPod dock, etc. with an MSRP of $1300-1600. I bet street prices will be $1000-1200 by end of summer.

H

HDaddict!

Audiophyte
By the time these new receivers come out I should have satellite HD to go along with my Blu-ray player and 1080p TV. That said, neither the Denon nor the Pioneer Elite receivers use the much touted Reon-XV scaler from Silicon Optix... only the upper Onkyos (and perhaps the Integra line too). I would very much like to have great 1080i to 1080p de-interlacing available to me. My 1080p TV "bobs" 1080i signals to basically 540p rather than a full 1080p like many TV's out there. The Reon has full motion-adaptive and per-pixel de-interlacing capabilities.

Anyone know what the DAC's are that Pioneer will be using? The latest 'n' greatest is the Texas Instruments/Burr-Brown 1796, which the upper Onkyo receivers are also using on all 8 channels.

I have no idea why Denon and Pioneer would continue to use the less than impressive Faroudja scaling chips. Nothing but problems ever since Faroudja was bought out.

Dan

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis