Angled Ceiling Speakers

sleepysurf

sleepysurf

Junior Audioholic
I just had ceiling speakers installed in my Master Bedroom (Proficient Audio C870's), which, by design, have the woofers ANGLED at 15 degrees. Unfortunately, only my wife was home when they were installed, and the installer positioned them with the woofers aiming inward, towards the center, rather than outward. They sound pretty good as is, but it seems to me the soundstage would be even wider if the woofers were angled outward. Of note, the owners manual/installation guide does not specifically recommend angling them one way, or the other. It would be a royal pain to rotate them 180 degrees to hear if there is substantial improvement. Should I bother?

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Speaker angle

The speakers should be angled towards your primary listening position. If that is in between the two speakers than leave them as is.

sleepysurf

sleepysurf

Junior Audioholic
Well, I decided to experiment. The speakers are located directly over our bed, and turned out easier to rotate than I expected. Ended up placing them with the woofers angled forward... seemed to lower the soundstage and bring it forward a bit... more like in-wall speakers. With my Squeezebox2, I now have access to all my ripped CD's, plus Internet Radio at my fingertips. Now just gotta put together a "romantic" playlist for the bedroom ;-)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis