Andrew Jones and Chris Walker now with ELAC

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
The pre-order seems to be priced full retail, but Andrew and Chris have indicated actual pricing may be lower after release.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Forum Fiend v1.3.1.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Darn I thought I read end of June availability. Nothing on Amazon either.

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
ELAC is an incredibly well respected brand in Europe and over here in Norway I have read nothing but rave reviews of the products....

So Chris, my first question to you, is the Debut line only for the U.S. market?
or will it essentially be available overseas too? :p

C

cvcgolf

Audioholic
I heard these at the Newport Show as well and they were one of the biggest eye/ear openers there.. Everyone was blown away.. Everyone!.. Andrew would say, "They cost 229 when they hit the market or around there".. People thought he meant $2,029.. That's how amazing they sounded..

S

scattershot

Audioholic
Get real....as if any of Pioneer speakers were anything to write home about.
I think you vastly miss the point of Pioneer's speakers.
Most people compare speakers on a "bang for buck" basis.
Andrew Jone's designed Pioneer speakers brought phenomenal "bang for buck" to price points not seen before (especially in the under $500 range)

Sure they don't compare with high-end products, but that's comparing oranges-to-apples because we aren't comparing products at the same price point.

Andrew Jones deserves kudos for creating exceptional value in speakers for the under $1000 crowd. That in itself is worthy of high praise.

With that said, I do understand that most people, like myself, don't bother with speakers in this price range ... but now I'm salivating at what Andrew will come up with over time in the $1000-$2000 range (Paradigm, Focal, RBH, and some of my other's favourites might be a tad worried :) We know the Germans are reknown for their build quality in manufacturing.
Let see what he can accomplished working behind a German company. My guess is this new venture will become VERY popular in Audioholics circles in the next half decade...

Last edited:
rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Anyone know whether ELAC is still on schedule for a September release of the Debut line?

W

Walkamo

Audiophyte
Anyone know whether ELAC is still on schedule for a September release of the Debut line?
Hi Rojo,

Most of the products are arriving at the port in Los Angeles on the 25th, it will take a few days to clear customs and make their way to our warehouse...

Product should start shipping at the very beginning of October... The B5 and B6 are first with the other products about a week later...

Thanks,

Chris Walker
ELAC America

W

Walkamo

Audiophyte
ELAC is an incredibly well respected brand in Europe and over here in Norway I have read nothing but rave reviews of the products....

So Chris, my first question to you, is the Debut line only for the U.S. market?
or will it essentially be available overseas too? :p
Hi Haraldo,

Sorry for such a late reply..

The Debut line will be available world wide.....

And we will be showing a step-up line at this years CES Show.

Thanks,

Chris

MrRedwoodGuy

MrRedwoodGuy

Audiophyte
I'm awaiting delivery of my Andrew Jones designed Pioneer bookshelf speakers, and matching subwoofer. I hope they arrive Friday!

I've had maybe 20 different speakers over the past 45 years. Exotic like Magnaplanars, and some cheaper like Dynaco and Fulton. I got out of the hobby for awhile, then got interested last summer. I rebuilt some JBL L100s, and in my small room I just haven't been pleased with the sound. I've always liked 2 way speakers in small rooms, and I stumbled onto the Pioneers while browsing web sites. Why not, I figured! A good designer can work wonders, and he has a great rep. I found some enthusiastic reviews, and figured it would be fun to see what $125 a pair would buy!

I listen at modest levels in a near field mode. I have no interest in blasting the walls down. I have some nice hear in front, so I'm optimistic! I was impressed by the Stereophile review too.

If anyone had them now and can comment, that would be great!

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I think you've missed out on a an extensive and rich discussion of these speakers on various forums. Right now, attention is focusing on Andrew's latest venture in the budget field with ELAC, with shipment due on October 1. Until recently, I sold a modified version of the Pioneers. I never really liked the stock models, due in part to the poor quality control on the tweeters, and some horn-like coloration that I think stemmed from the mini wave guide construction of the tweeter baffle. If you're lucky enough to get a pair that are in spec, and don't listen to complex classical program material, you may like them. I'm anxious to see what Andrew can do when he's not under such severe const constraints and can work with higher quality drivers.

MrRedwoodGuy

MrRedwoodGuy

Audiophyte
Hey thanks. It won't be the first time I missed the boat. I'll give them a careful going over, and maybe with luck get the working one.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
I love the idea of being able to adjust the sub phase from the listening position as opposed to going to sub, changing it then sitting back down and try to remember what you heard before and how it compares.
Also like the way the EQ measurements and correction are presented on the phone/tablet!

F

felipe

Audioholic
Hi MrRedwoodGuy. I believe you will be pleased with the Pioneer bookies ;). I owned them in the past and I was not dissapointed...especially for the price you pay. I since then got the tower version of these along with the center channel.

I'd watch out of the sub tho...heard some had QC issues with those (humming noise and such).

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis