An All Opinions Welcome Paradigm Monitor Series 7 thread

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic
Hey guys (and gals),

I work in a custom a/v store with Paradigm being our main line of speakers. I am still reletively new to the industry, but am making up ground relatively quickly. The question I pose to you all is in reference to the new Pardigm Monitor Series 7 line. We have spent that last couple of months listening, playing and adjusting the entire line in an attempt to get a handle on the "new." Our opinions very a bit here, too be expected, but there are a few that reside in the three of us here. If you have had an opportunity to listen, what did you or do you think? I wouldn't mind getting a lively, in depth discussion going if anyone is interested.

Thanks All,

AC

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Our opinions very a bit here
Did you say your opinions vary quite a bit?

Do you mean some of you liked it, and some of you disliked it?

Can I just say some of us (GrantedEV, InTheIndustry, 3db, and I) don't like Paradigm; while some of us (PENG, Docks, Warpdrv, and Paradigmdawg) love Paradigm?:D

A

ACsGreens

Full Audioholic

I wouldn't say that it is necessarilly a "like" or "don't like" scenario, this is just a much different configuration that the v.6 line. Losing a driver and port on each was initially alarming, though that was the reason for the redesign. This was an attempt by them to make a less intrusive, more neutral sounding speaker, getting back to their roots. The more I listen, the more I do like them.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I had a chance to listen to the Monitor 9 series 7 this week.
I must say I really liked what I heard.
My last listen to the series was a Monitor 7, v5 or v6 can't remember. I thought they were rather lifeless and boring.
I had some time to spare while shopping this week and stopped in at the local dealer here.
The imaging was incredible! The sound was quite a bit more forward than I remembered from the previous version, although it has been a while. The forward sound suits my taste.

In case no has heard; Paradigm has moved assembly of the monitor series to China. I'm always disturbed to see this happen with American products and have no doubt Canadian residents feel the same.

But, all things being equal; I may have just moved these to the top of my shopping cart.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis