Amp model confusion *help asap please*

M

Missionman

Junior Audioholic
Hi guys

Got a bit of confusion going on here..
Basically, i see and bought a Kenwood KR-V6060 Surround reciever off ebay today.
It was a good price, so i thought why not.. as im a huge fan of the older Kenwood amplifiers..

The wierd thing is..
the title on ebay says "Kenwood KR-V6060, and it says it on the front of the amplifier too..
(link to the actual amp i bought) - Super Kenwood KR-V6060 Hifi Amp Amplifier Receiver Dolby Pro Logic & Manual | eBay
Top left hand corner, it clearly says "KR-V6060"...

OK, so since im good with electronics, The first thing id do, is replace components inside the amp, Caps, Filter Caps etc etc..
That way its all fresh inside, and could save myself having to pull it apart later down the line..

Looking up for the service manual online for it, to get the correct components and ratings so that i can get the parts ordered so they are here ready for when i recieve the amp..
I typed in "Kenwood, KR-V6060 into HiFi Engine | Download Free User/ Service Manuals, Amplifier, Receiver, CD, Tape, Tuner, Video
Its a good place to pickup user and service manuals for a huge selection of amplifier etc...

So, this is the amplifier that came up on the search
Kenwood KR-V6060 | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine
Note its not the same as the one i bought..

But the correct one is actually the V7060 model:
Kenwood KR-V7060 | Owners Manual, Service Manual, Schematics, Free Download | HiFi Engine

BUt the amp i bought isnt the V7060 model, as it clearly has V6060 printed on it...

Firstly, why is it like this? and secondly, which service manual do i follow to make sure i get all the correct component ratings exactly right? Because both of the two amps could be similar inside, but have slightly different rating components..

Cheers

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
You lost me. Are you saying you have a 6060 coming in, searched for (and found) a 6060 manual, but knowingly bought the 7060 manual instead, which you say is the correct one, and now you're asking us which one to use?

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
This is wild guess, but how did you determined that the service manual for 6060 does not match your receiver ? but the photo on the link you gave?
Another wild guess is 6060 and 7060 look almost identical and differ with only a minor functionality - I noticed the operational manual, which you got is same for both.

and most important question: Why do you need a service manual? Is there anything wrong with it?

ps: You do know what vintage Kenwood and modern Kenwood have nothing to do with each other?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My question is, regardless of model, if you get it in and it is working, WHY try to "fix" what ISN'T broken?

M

Missionman

Junior Audioholic
no what im trying to say is.. i bought a V6060 amp, and looked up the service manual for it, tp get the correct rating components out of the book, as i do with all second hand electronics, i service them, so that i know that its working perfectly and not "on its way out"....
Id rather replace the capacitors etc, immediately and then enjoy it knowing its in perfect health, rather than use it for a couple of months, then it fails on me...
Im a prevention sort of person..
New capacitors etc, fantastic sound qualifty straight off the bat, and i have the piece of mind its going to be sweet for the next however long...
So i was trying to get the service manual, so i can see exactly what rating components are inside it, so i can order them asap, so both the amp and the new parts turn up at my door at once..

the problem is, i found the V6060 serviced manual for the V6060 amp i have just bought, but the picture on the front of it, looks different...
However, i came across a service manual for the V7060 model, and that manual has the picture of my amp on the front of it...

So to put it simple.. The V7060 amp manual has the picture of my V6060 on it, and the proper V6060 manual has a totally different style amp on the front of it...
So, should i get the manual that has the same model number as my amp but a completely different picture, or the V7060 amp manual, which is a different model to mine, but it does have the picture of my amp on the front...

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I would bring this to the attention of the company that supplies the manuals and see what they say.

Perhaps the pictures just got mixed up.

Heck, maybe they'll send you both and let YOU determine what's up since you'll have a unit in your possession.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
New capacitors etc, fantastic sound qualifty straight off the bat, and i have the piece of mind its going to be sweet for the next however long...
So i was trying to get the service manual, so i can see exactly what rating components are inside it, so i can order them asap, so both the amp and the new parts turn up at my door at once..

the problem is, i found the V6060 serviced manual for the V6060 amp i have just bought, but the picture on the front of it, looks different...
Exactly what I thought....

See this:

I would bring this to the attention of the company that supplies the manuals and see what they say.
Perhaps the pictures just got mixed up.

and B) Replacing caps in fully functional product is waste of time at best cases

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis