Amazon VOD comes to PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I bought my Roku because PS3 didn't have this. D'oh. So the next question is, will I be able to access my Amazon cloud content? :)

Amazon Instant Video Comes to PS3 | Home Media Magazine

The agreement makes PlayStation 3 the only gaming console with Amazon Instant Video. The application offers more than 120,000 TV shows and movies for rental or purchase, and the PS3 launch will see the first episode of more than 100 TV shows offered for free for instant streaming for both Amazon Prime members and non members.

Ares

Ares

Audioholic Samurai
Here's a vid released by PSblog about three hours ago that shows how Amazon VOD will look and feel on the PS3.

Last edited by a moderator:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Nicer interface than the Roku :) Kinda cool that they are offering at least the first episode of 100 shows to everyone, not just Prime members too.

jinjuku

jinjuku

I sent a feature request in awhile ago about a plug-in for Media Center Edition. I ain't holding my breath, but it would be nice.

smurphy522

smurphy522

Full Audioholic
Frakin' Awesome!

I have had this on my wish list ever since getting an Amazon Prime account.

This service beheads Netflix and their current mess.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Tried it last night and I really like the interface, but it is still a bit sluggish. I give it a thumbs up though. The interface is nicer than the Netflix app on PS3.

R

Rubicon_Joey

Audioholic Intern
Just signed up for prime a few nights ago (my free student ran out) and I'm not entirely impressed with the VOD service. It is a bit sluggish (on ps3) and the free prime content is very limited. I would like an option like netflix to pay a monthly charge for access to all content. I will say that the content available trumps that off netflix by far. Now they just need to put it on xbox, my ps3 has decided to crap out on me. Will be making a phone call to Sony some time this week..:mad:

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The content is there, but it is pay per use. That's the only reason why it is there.

I compared Girl with the Dragon Tattoo Extended between Amazon and Netflix on Friday and the video quality on Netflix was definitely less compressed. Amazon still looked good enough for being semi-"free", but isn't going to replace media anytime soon IMO.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis