Amazon to whole house?

F

Fm8504

Audiophyte
I'm looking for a way to go from an amazon echo or dot to wifi speakers in the whole house. I know I could use the 3.5 amazon output to a receiver and wire speakers to each room but id rather skip all that. Is there a way I can go straight to a wifi speaker without so ding an arm and a leg (sonos!). I was thinking play fi but I'm not sure if I hard wire a dot to say an Polk Omni would that one speaker be able to speak to the others? Or any other ideas? Chromecast? Etc.... not opposed to buying used off eBay or cl t save $ either.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Chromecast audio can be used with the Echo. I believe this is the best way to do multiroom audio without the echo effect of time delays.
However, that kind of begs the question of why use an echo instead of a phone or tablet as music source.

this guy does a good job of presenting the inexpensive options with an echo.

F

Fm8504

Audiophyte
Chromecast audio can be used with the Echo. I believe this is the best way to do multiroom audio without the echo effect of time delays.
However, that kind of begs the question of why use an echo instead of a phone or tablet as music source.

this guy does a good job of presenting the inexpensive options with an echo.
just for the sheer laziness of the whole thing honestly. The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to just hard wire a receiver to rooms and ceiling speakers.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
just for the sheer laziness of the whole thing honestly. The more I think about it, the more tempted I am to just hard wire a receiver to rooms and ceiling speakers.
Chromecast audio from your phone or a tablet is pretty straightforward.
I think it is much easier than running wire through the house.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis