Am I Being Scammed Right Now?? **Mods/Admin Please Look**

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I just got a reply to one of my comments on a yt video from someone with an Audioholics badge telling me to text to a number and that I had won the Heco 5.1 speaker set they're giving away.

Well... I'm in text with someone right now and we got to a point of "you will have to pay the shipping" and they want me to transfer $140 to a suspicious looking email account! Something isn't smelling right... does Audioholics do their giveaways like this?

Screenshot_20220303-142423_YouTube.jpg

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'd ask Gene or someone else who is Staff. Looks suspicious to me.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Okay, I'm about positive this is a scam. A fairly well thought out one. When I asked what I won they knew about the Heco 5.1 giveaway and told me that's what it is.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sounds scammy to me…
Yeah me too. They did get my home address, but that's it. How they got me was they knew about the contest for the 5.1 Heco set they just put up. I didn't tell them I had entered for it and asked what it was I won and they knew about it.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm right at the edge of telling them to truck off, but juuuust in case... lol. The way its going right now is so suspect.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Not to mention if this isn't legit, as I suspect, there's someone running around YouTube with an Audioholics badge and knowledge of their contests scamming people right now!

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
@Wayde Robson would be the OP of the contest:

The post says sign up by 3/31.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
I just got a reply to one of my comments on a yt video from someone with an Audioholics badge telling me to text to a number and that I had won the Heco 5.1 speaker set they're giving away.

Well... I'm in text with someone right now and we got to a point of "you will have to pay the shipping" and they want me to transfer $140 to a suspicious looking email account! Something isn't smelling right... does Audioholics do their giveaways like this?

View attachment 54306
Of course it is a scam. It ticks all the boxes for one.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Of course it is a scam. It ticks all the boxes for one.
Well I didn't fall for it!

I guarantee you they're gonna get someone tho. They're using the AH badge and know about the contest. Sneaky bastards...

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
100% verified spam. That phone number is Youtube username and AH giveaway rules clearly state that the winner would be contacted by email, not by a public YouTube comment.
Not even well thought out.

Your mistake - you shouldn't text that number, and instead, report it https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer
Also, use the 3 dots on the right to report it to youtube.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
100% verified spam. That phone number is Youtube username and AH giveaway rules clearly state that the winner would be contacted by email, not by a public YouTube comment.

Your mistake - you shouldn't text that number, and instead, report it https://www.usa.gov/state-consumer
I reported them on YouTube already. That link you gave me takes me to a whole slew of local state agencies with a bunch of phone numbers and email addresses... wtf am I s'posed to do with that?

jinjuku

jinjuku

Nah... This is the time to have some fun with a scammer. I got one of them to send a certified check 5 times at $7.95 a pop. On the 6th one I asked them if they could take a picture of them in front of the issuing bank and they cussed me out.

mono-bloc

mono-bloc

Full Audioholic
This is the time to have some fun with a scammer.
You sound like a past member of "Eater 419" baiting forum. Happy day's of joy and disappointment. I liked the bit in the advert about only paying the freight costs, That's the scam, It's used in a lot in Puppy scams.
Quote,, We are a charity involved in the placement of abandoned animals. We can supply these at no cost, but we do ask , if you could help pay the freight costs. Unquote,, So we ordered a baby Hippo. They where quick sending the freight costs, But slow in sending a photo of the Hippo..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Reminds me of this. LOL, Seinfeld was on randomly and it was this episode over the weekend. Amidst a fresh round of robocalls this week, so appropriate.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis