W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
Hey guys, i recently got an infinity alpha 1200s subwoofer (0$) but it does not play. When it is turned on the red light comes on and then goes off in about 10 seconds. The green never comes on. Does anyone have a similar prob with this sub and how to fix it?

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
wessyb, I don't have that model sub, but I have a quick question...do you have an input signal connected to the sub?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The amplifier probably has a relay (when the light would normally turn green the relay would click on). I am assuming this relay is not clicking or it does and the amp instantly turns off. This is usually an indication the amplifier is somehow damaged or their is a short somewhere causing it to fault. If you got it free I would suggest repairing it, shouldn't much over $100. For $100, it would be a great sub. Unfortunately, their site does not show the amp as one of the parts they sell for the sub.:rolleyes:

W

wessyb

Junior Audioholic
I do have an input signal connected to it. I even hooked it up using the high level input/output and nothing. I am agreeing that the amp may be damaged. My uncle, who gave it to me, moved house and i am assuming that it was probably dropped by the movers. (they dropped a couple of things). I also dont think it was being used for a long time.
I am searchingto see if i can find an amp somewhere. If u hear of 1 u can fill me in. Thanks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis