Alien Prequel Movie Confirmed by Ridley Scott

Lordoftherings

Lordoftherings

Banned
Well, certainly not from this solar system, so it is either another in this galaxy or from another. Maybe from the Delta quadrant;):D
"Delta quadrant!" Hmmm... Gonna have to look into my telescope for that one, I guess. ;):D:eek::confused::eek::(:cool::)

frankf

frankf

Junior Audioholic
More Aliens?

I loved alien. I love them all. I have been waiting years for an addition to the trilogy.
I hope that Ridley Scott does justice to the upcoming movie. Just because Ridley is directing does not mean it is a winner. The writers are an important ingredient besides special effects.
I'd rather leave things as they are than to have a big ha la balu about another Alien movie only to see a loser of a movie.

Ridley hope you think about your fans and not the dollar signs.

R

ragged

Senior Audioholic
Just as long as they don't somehow try to tie in predator.:rolleyes:

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I wonder if it would be about the species itself – where they came from, how they gained the technology for space travel, how they came to crash land on that planet in the first place…
I don't think the Aliens themselves developed space travel. I don't know where I heard or read it, but I remember way back when the first one came out, that the ship that the Nostromo came across was some sort of transport ship that was taking some Aliens to a type of space-zoo. Obviously something happened that allowed a face hugger to get out and it got on the pilot's face. Remember the huge skeleton they found with it's chest burst open?

So it would be interesting to see where they came from.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I don't think the Aliens themselves developed space travel. I don't know where I heard or read it, but I remember way back when the first one came out, that the ship that the Nostromo came across was some sort of transport ship that was taking som Aliens to a type of space-zoo. Obviously something happened that allowed a face hugger to get out and it got on the pilot's face. Remember the huge skeleton they found with it's chest burst open?

So it would be interesting to see where they came from.
That's what I'm thinking too. The ship could have been like "the company" too and they were taking the eggs somewhere to use them as a weapon or they were just out in space and were overrun too. So many possibilities...

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
I think this one has a lot of potential. With no Ripley to have to tie in to the story it opens up a lot of possibilities that can keep it somewhat fresh. I'd be ok with a slight Predator nod, as long as it isn't an involved part of the plot (I actually liked the first AVP movie and just watched it again last week).

Jack

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
This looks to be interesting info. Thanks John for the info. Like many here, it will be very interesting to see how this one id done. Hopefully, it will be AWESOME!!!!!! ;););)

Cheers,

Phil

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
Prequel to Aliens?

I think it would be pretty interesting if they did the story of the colonists from Aliens (Newt's parents maybe?). Now THAT would be AWESOME!!

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
I think it would be pretty interesting if they did the story of the colonists from Aliens (Newt's parents maybe?). Now THAT would be AWESOME!!
They're doing a prequel to AlieN, not AlienS. Plus, the director's cut of Aliens already shows Newt's parents and brother. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out, very cool.

I

IndoSlim

Audioholic Intern
I know, but....

They're doing a prequel to AlieN, not AlienS. Plus, the director's cut of Aliens already shows Newt's parents and brother. If you haven't seen it, you should check it out, very cool.
That's true! I forgot about that! Thanks for the heads up. But still, an entire movie of the colonists first coming to the planet, settling in, then meeting and getting killed by the aliens would be cool. Although it would be a much bigger production given the amount of actors and extras you'd need.

I guess a prequel to a sequel would be the original movie, huh? LOL

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
If I remember correctly, the alien species was created or at least maintained by the Predators. They used them for hunting.
But this can be just a version among several others.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
If I remember correctly, the alien species was created or at least maintained by the Predators. They used them for hunting.
But this can be just a version among several others.
This storyline is relatively new and added from Alien vs Predator which was made ~25 years after the original Alien movie. It may or may not play into the prequel. I wouldn't mind a slight nod to it in the prequel but I doubt much more than that, if at any, will occur.

Jack

Djizasse

Djizasse

Senior Audioholic
This storyline is relatively new and added from Alien vs Predator which was made ~25 years after the original Alien movie. It may or may not play into the prequel. I wouldn't mind a slight nod to it in the prequel but I doubt much more than that, if at any, will occur.

Jack
Might be, after all, there will be humans in the prequel. The "Alien vs Predator" action is reserved for the saga with the same title.

Anyway, I'm curious to know how will Scott include humans in the plot. After all, the first contact between both species was in the original "Alien".

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/259949/the_plotobstacles_to_an_alien_prequel.html

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The aliens weren't created by the Predators AFAIK, they are basically exploited to use for training/right of passage testing.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis