vecc76

vecc76

Audioholic Intern
I recently inherited a large and potentialy valuable album collection. I also received an Akai ap-d210 phono with it. This will be my first "splash" into albums, my receiver has no phonograph input, its my understanding that ill need a preamp for the player? Then will I be able to connect into any input on the receiver? Also is this a semi decent record player? Or should I be looking for something else? I plan on listening to a lot of these albums because I truly do enjoy that type of sound. Any input or advice for improving the sound of a phono player? Thanks for your help and advice.

W

willb.

Audiophyte
did anyone ever respond to this question? I too have that turntable and am looking for a preamp to connect between the TT and amp. any suggestions on a make or brand?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Doesn't look like it since yours is the first answer in 4 years :) If your "amp" (integrated amp?) doesn't have a built-in phono stage you might check out something like this ART pre-amp.

I have an ART Phono Plus for digitising vinyl but that'll cost $30 more or so. ART is a good value.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis