Aerial Acoustics 7B's FS

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
$1600!!

Pre-tax season sacrifice sale of my cherry Aerial Acoustics 7B pair. These are for pickup only, or I can deliver within reasonable distance to coastal Oregon. You'll not find a pair in this nice condition for anywhere near this price! Will not ship.

New, these speakers sold for $6100, which included $600 for the Sound Anchor stands. This model has, just a couple of months ago, been replaced by Aerial Acoustics with the 7T...at $9500! Yikes. Here is the link to the Aerial website. http://www.aerialacoustics.com/products/index.aspx Below the specs are the pics. Please PM me for details.----------------------------------------------------------------------------

All Aerial loudspeaker systems are designed and constructed with fanatical attention to quality and detail. Decades of design and manufacturing experience have taught us that craftsmanship and technology go hand-in-hand when creating products of uncompromising performance and genuine long-term value. World class manufacturing techniques and production equipment are employed, complemented by the work of skilled craftsmen when only experienced hands will do.

Aerial Acoustics. Every detail matters.

Cabinet Finish - cherry

Specifications » Frequency Response: 35Hz to 22kHz ±2dB, -6dB at 30Hz
Sensitivity: 86dB at 2.83 Vrms and 1.0 meter on axis
Impedance: 6Ω nominal, 4Ω minimum, low reactance
Power Requirements: 50 to 350 watts (8Ω rating) recommended
Woofers: Two 7.1" (180mm) cast magnesium alloy frame drivers
Damped bilaminate composite cones
Large vented magnet structures with long-stroke coils
Midrange: 5" (125mm) cast magnesium alloy frame driver
Damped bilaminate composite cone
Vented magnet structure with linear stroke coil
Tweeter: 1.0" (25mm) precision titanium dome
Large magnet structure with deep rear chamber
Flared pole vent and 5 surrounding vents
Crossover: 400Hz and 2.7kHz at 24dB per octave
Independent filter assemblies on glass-epoxy PCBs
High-purity copper wiring and silver solder
Premium passive components
Cabinet: Minimum resonance 1" and 2" MDF walls
Extensive internal bracing. Tongue and groove joints
Mirror-imaged matched pairs in architectural veneers
Connections: Four gold-plated binding posts with copper jumpers
Bi-wire and bi-amp capable
Optional Bases: Rigid 14 lb sand-filled steel bases with spikes
Dimensions HWD: 43.0 × 8.5 × 15.5" (1092 × 216 × 394mm)
Weight Each: 95lbs (43kg) - 120lbs (55kg) packed

Last edited by a moderator:
Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
I can vouch to the great sound of these.

Why wasn't this sale mentioned while I was there and could have shipped them home? .....or would you like to bring them here when you and DJ come to the BBQ?:D

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I can vouch to the great sound of these.

Why wasn't this sale mentioned while I was there and could have shipped them home? .....or would you like to bring them here when you and DJ come to the BBQ?:D
Hey Rick. You'll just have to come out again. No distracting hospital stays this time!! :eek:

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Hey Rick. You'll just have to come out again. No distracting hospital stays this time!! :eek:
I can tell you we've been looking into it.
The flight length and scheduled times suck; an entire day gets wasted with traveling.

When you drive the speakers out in July, would you please wrap them in a blanket.:D

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Let's assume you sell them…

What veneer are you thinking of for your new Salks? ;) :D

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Hey RJ, good luck with the sale of your speakers and if you decide on buying the Salks...please give a listen to the Aperion GVT...before you do:eek:?

Just saying because I really like those suckers and with Tom's review...I'm still sitting on the fence...:D.

Regards, Bill

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Hi guys. Greetings. It has been awhile. :D

Thanks for the tip, Bill. I liked the Aperion VGB's we auditioned. Rich...you're just gonna have to wait to see. ;) Of course, I have to move the Aerials first....gotta drive them out to Rick's house in NJ. Yeah....right. hahaaaaa

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
thanks..but it wasn't so much a tip...you had mentioned doing so in one of your comments over at AVS...I believe...;). I'd just like to hear your opinion on them...if and when...:)

H

HarryK

Enthusiast
I'm interested in these if they're still available. I can also pick up on the Oregon coast.

Harry

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Let's assume you sell them…

What veneer are you thinking of for your new Salks? ;) :D
What Model were you thinking at least, if your not going to divulge the veneer...? :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm interested in these if they're still available. I can also pick up on the Oregon coast.

Harry
Hi Harry.

Let me think about it. I still have the Aerials, but don't have the immediate need for a sale right now. (Although tax season is rolling around again...ugh.) I'll PM you in a day or two after consultation with She-Who-Sets-All-Rules. :eek:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
What Model were you thinking at least, if your not going to divulge the veneer...? :)
Hahaaaa. Hi Warp. The model would have been YOURS if I had sold the Aerials when I wanted to. ;) I really like the looks of those mini-SS's. But right now, I don't think I'm in a position to do anything. Love the SS12's...that's a pipe dream. Dennis' Phil 2's interest me greatly because of affordability. But I'd also happily own any model of Jim's.

Are you still diggin' your set?

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
Cool.....

I can't say that I have been disappointed with the latest upgrade - the RAAL's with the Accutons are an awesome combo...

I'm sure you'd be thrilled with any of Jims products, but no question in my mind that Dennis's speakers will give you all that and a bag of chips for a great price..

Good luck on the sale and keep us posted..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Damn, I really like these speakers and that is a ridiculous price. Aerials are sublime.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Damn, I really like these speakers and that is a ridiculous price. Aerials are sublime.
Yes they are! That's a great adjective for describing the Aerial models.

Hi John. I dig this picture of the innards of the Aerials. Some sorta resonance-free construction, yes?!! There aren't too many speakers made with 2" baffles. (7B is in the front right.) It hurts my (and especially AverageJoe's) back just thinking about moving these 100+ lb. beasts. :eek:

J

jephdood

Junior Audioholic
Before I scaled back a bit I owned a pair of 7b's. Best speaker I've owned. Wish I could swing getting a pair back in here. :eek:

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
Thanks to all who have expressed interest in these speakers. We have decided to keep the Aerials.....for the time being.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis