Advice on upgrading Sony TA-E9000ES

W

wst

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Greeting,

I am a new comer. Hello to everyone.

I currently own a Sony TA-9000ES + ATI 6 Channel Power Amp and have been very satisfying with the performance for over 3 years.

Now as more and more SACD disc have been released and also with the emerging of 6.1 surround format, I am considering the possibility of upgrading the pre-amp (though very unwilling as I thought the 9000ES is a legend)...

I read from some articles in this site that the DA5ES (its model no. here in Hong Kong is VA555ES) basically is exactly the same as the 9000ES (the pre-amp section, of course) with the addition of an extra channel and the new Dolby EX/DTS-ES decoding. Can someone please confirm that? In that case, it use the SHARC processor, right?

I almost have bought the VA333ES (DA4ES in the states) which cost a lot more than the VA555ES here in Hong Kong. Luckily, the VA555ES is still steadily available everywhere here in Hong Kong. Thank for the comparison to 'stop' my action.

Also, any recommendation for a good SACD player (budget is around USD$1000).

Thank in advance!

Tony</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
S

steve

Audioholic
<font color='#000000'>Tony,

You do not have your facts straight. Firstly, the 5ES does not have the same processing power of the 9000ES.  Granted, it is better than the 4ES and 7ES, but the 9000ES appears to have many more design features that make it a better Processor.  You should read the lenghty article I wrote on the 4ES, 5ES, 7ES and 9000ES.  You can find it at the front page new section of this site or just click on the following link: Battle of the Sony's.

It is an intensive comparison between these units.  Also, there is an add on Preamplifier you should look at for the 9000ES.  It is the TA-P9000ES and can be found at www.oade.com as found in this link:Sony TA-P9000ES.

I would think hard before replacing the 9000ES with any unit.  It is still a great Processor for the money, and unless your willing to spend over $2k, you will not find better.

Good luck,

Stevie D</font>

J

JLB_JR

Audiophyte
TA-E9000ES VUCD-E9000A upgrade

I would like to upgrade my TA-E9000ES from v1.18c to v2.50. Sony says that this upgrade kit is no longer available. I really don’t care if I get the remote (all settings can be modified from the from panel) or not. I have searched the web with no luck. I am willing to purchase a copy of the softare.

G

gtbull

Audiophyte
JLB_JR said:
I would like to upgrade my TA-E9000ES from v1.18c to v2.50. Sony says that this upgrade kit is no longer available. I really don’t care if I get the remote (all settings can be modified from the from panel) or not. I have searched the web with no luck. I am willing to purchase a copy of the softare.
Hi
Have a look here to download the required file :)
http://home.online.no/~espen-b/ta-e9000es/#firmware

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
wst said:
<font color='#000000'>Greeting,
I almost have bought the VA333ES (DA4ES in the states) which cost a lot more than the VA555ES here in Hong Kong. Luckily, the VA555ES is still steadily available everywhere here in Hong Kong.
As recent as about 2 to 3 years ago, the 4ES and the 5ES were both available in the U.S. and Canada. At that time the 5ES was typically listed for about $200 to $300 higher than the 4ES. I know it for a fact because I bought the 4ES, my first H.T. receiver. I chose the 4ES over the 5ES because of its lower price and I wanted 7.1.

If the VA333ES in H.K. cost a lot more than the VA555ES, then I think the VA555ES is not the same as the STR-DA5ES. Or, it could be that the VA333ES is not the same as the DA4ES.

morksbeanbag

morksbeanbag

Enthusiast
I have the VA555ES (DA5ES) and am contemplating selling it and buying a TA-E9000ES. I don't really have the room to do 6.1/7.1 so i think this would be a great upgrade. Does anyone know a good remote to use with this processer?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis