Advice for product that supports multiple inputs

mrredpants

mrredpants

Audiophyte
I am helping to find a solution for a conference room

There is a 70inch flatscreen - the owners are using HDMI that goes to the TV and other end will terminate in the middle of the table. I am looking for a product with multiple inputs that will output to HDMI. Including - HDMI which will pass through, VGA, and DVI. Also would need audio IN that would then pass through to the HDMI out.

I've found products close to what I want on monoprice but I was hoping this group would have a line on some other products available since I'm not a home theater expert!

Thank you

PS this was an example on monoprice http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=101&cp_id=10110&cs_id=1011008&p_id=8145&seq=1&format=2

Last edited:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
So many fails in the OP's post... This is for conference room so forget about both Monoprice and Home theater stuff. Neither apply to you
What you need a matrix unit - I'm not best expert on the subject, but brands like Crestron and AMX come to mind. Neither sell directly and you'll need to contact a qualified and licensed Conference rooms A/V vendors in your area.. They are expensive and what more expensive is their programming.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Judging from the reviews of that device you linked, you get what you pay for. I think a video scaler like this and an appropriate signal selector would give you quality more befitting that 70" display. It'd be worth contacting Crestron to see what they recommend.

Bah! BSA beat me to it.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I wasn't going to reply because the thread was so old, but I want to add some things.

First, to the OP, welcome to the forum!

Second, "conference room" doesn't necessarily imply something that requires a very expensive solution. You're sounding like TLS, Bored. :D So, I don't agree that there are "fails" in the OP's post. Somebody just wants to hook up some inputs to a TV.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I wasn't going to reply because the thread was so old, but I want to add some things.

First, to the OP, welcome to the forum!

Second, "conference room" doesn't necessarily imply something that requires a very expensive solution. You're sounding like TLS, Bored. :D So, I don't agree that there are "fails" in the OP's post. Somebody just wants to hook up some inputs to a TV.
Been hanging 'round here long enough to get some of TLS (and few others) attitudes rub off on me :) . (and No, Adam - no rubbing jokes! :p)

I still think that OP would need a proper pro solution, granted with a bit of know-how on 2nd market (ebay) the prices on used units are a tiny portions of their original prices

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
Actually, this old Onkyo TX-NR609 has everything the OP asked for I think. Plus, if they decide to get some in-wall speakers, they'll already have the means to power them. I'm not certain whether it'll pass audio out through the HDMI out, but I'm sure he could chat with someone on the Onkyo website and find out easily enough. If nothing else, it's got a stereo out for zone 2. *shrug*

Is someone trying to sell me this?
Why did you resurrect this thread anyway? Not judging, just curious.

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
It's got VGA. He can use a DVI -> VGA adapter. What are they, like a dollar or two? Edit: Oh, sorry. Three dollars.

Just found this thing as well. Here, OP. LMGTFY. I need to stop. :)

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
Actually, this old Onkyo TX-NR609 has everything the OP asked for I think. Plus, if they decide to get some in-wall speakers, they'll already have the means to power them. I'm not certain whether it'll pass audio out through the HDMI out, but I'm sure he could chat with someone on the Onkyo website and find out easily enough. If nothing else, it's got a stereo out for zone 2. *shrug*

Why did you resurrect this thread anyway? Not judging, just curious.
First, partially my bad, didn't pay close enough attention to the date. What's the accepted expiration date? Second, struck me as an odd post, since no one replied, I was curious. :confused::D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis