Adding a sub to wireless surround system

T

TJonesOfficial

Audiophyte
Hello I have the Nakamichi 9.2.4 surround system and wanted to know if there was a way to add a sub like this RSL Speedwoofer 10S MKII - RSL Speakers to the system also, I was looking at things like this that maybe might work but wasnt sure if maybe they will cause problems with my surround sound or if would even work at all? 4K HDMI to 5.1 Digital Analog Audio Decoder + EDID Switch 24-Bit 192Khz DAC: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific I have my nakamichi system hooked up to my PC with a hdmi cable.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The Nakamichi likely uses its own standard/frequency for the wireless subs. I wouldn't expect it to be compatible with RSL's particularly. Soundbars are usually quite limited as far as substitution of typical components go. You might ask Nakamichi and/or RSL....

T

TJonesOfficial

Audiophyte
I was hoping maybe I could setup the decoder dac thing to go between the soundbar and pc using the hdmi passthrough and than hooking up the rca to the subwoofer?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
While it says it can isolate the lfe channel (.1) just a poor way to go about it IMO. I'd rather use a proper avr. Soundbars just get so limited when you step outside their original intent....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis