E

EYEdROP0

Audioholic
Hey guys. I was told that it would be a good idea to use an active crossover via software to let the sub do the 60hz and below work that my monitors arent good at. The problem is I have fedora linux and dont know what plugins or text files to edit to do so. Any help?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Hey guys. I was told that it would be a good idea to use an active crossover via software to let the sub do the 60hz and below work that my monitors arent good at. The problem is I have fedora linux and dont know what plugins or text files to edit to do so. Any help?
I'm not sure what you're asking. Doesn't your receiver have a switchable subwoofer crossover? Most if not all AV receivers do this digitally. How is that different than using software in an external computer?

Swerd

Swerd

Audioholic Warlord
Never mind. I see that your receiver is a stereo receiver that probably has no bass management function.

Can't give you any answers to your original question. But I have another question, does your subwoofer have a built-in amp? If it does, what kind of crossover options are available through it? Some plate amps can take in the full audio signal, drive the subwoofer through a low-pass filter, and send out a signal, through a high-pass filter, to your main speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis