Acoustic Room Treatment

S

stato

Junior Audioholic
Hello all,

been on / off here for a few years and now need some more divine help.
I have moved to a house with tiles for flooring and also a smaller lounge room so my speakers have to sit closer to wall.I have all set up but feels like all I listen too has a bit of stadium effect to it... for want of better explanation....
anyhow would my speakers now being placed nearer the walls benefit from some foam padding behind them maybe and how do you know where else to put any treatment??? The sound has improved with the addition of a large rug and more furniture but I dont want to stuff the room full of furniture.
I hope this makes sense????
room is 5.6m long x 4.1m wide. the speakers are along the longer wall as thats the only real way to set room up with the doors and window etc...
Speakers are Paradigm Studio 60's and Paradigm Millennia 30's for centre surrounds.

appreciate any input on how to improve my sound.

'Thanks...

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Large area rug to start. Your speakers are front ported so closer to the wall shouldn't make a drastic difference. What material are the walls?

S

stato

Junior Audioholic
Large area rug to start. Your speakers are front ported so closer to the wall shouldn't make a drastic difference. What material are the walls?
Walls are plasterboard thanks everettT

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis