Acoustic Research WHT6024 5.1 Wireless Speaker System Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
One of the trends I noticed at the recent CEDIA expo in Denver was wireless speaker systems. I saw everything from a portable speaker that you might use out by the pool to systems designed to be used with traditional full-range speakers. Probably the most prevalent use of wireless in speaker systems is for rear surrounds in a 5.1 satellite speaker system. Acoustic Research has released the WHT6024, which falls into this popular category.

Discuss "Acoustic Research WHT6024 5.1 Wireless Speaker System Review" here. Read the article.

birdonthebeach

birdonthebeach

Full Audioholic
Anyone have any experience with wireless speakers?

Thaedium

Thaedium

Audioholic
No real critical listening to them before, I've just taken a gander on a occassion at a friends place. Can't even think of the make/model.

A part of me hopes the average consumers take a liking to this sort of thing and purchase it, it'll drive demands and innovation for newer / better versions which one day might have a prayer of competing with their non-wireless counterparts. The other part of me dreads this as well, as the price will likely remain high for a long time because wireless seems so "new" and "cool" and whatever other buzz word you can attach to the slogans marketing will sling at us.

Unfortunately, these things are a long way off to satiate the average audiophiles demands for quality and performance.

K

krportmann

Audiophyte
wireless

i t has always amazed me how the major acts.stones,springstien and countleless others, take the stage and there is not one wire connected to anything on stage. how?
why can't we do it at home????

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
i t has always amazed me how the major acts.stones,springstien and countleless others, take the stage and there is not one wire connected to anything on stage. how?
why can't we do it at home????
1 the "pro" equipment cost$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
2 there are wires everyehre

Untill wilson, mac, levinson, krell ect start making wirless products im not investing ..

manofsteel2397

manofsteel2397

Audioholic
1 the "pro" equipment cost$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
2 there are wires everyehre

Untill wilson, mac, levinson, krell ect start making wirless products im not investing ..
well i bought a proffesional wireless unit for my guitar amp for only 124$ so it doesnt have to cost that much money grant it that was 10 years ago but still. and yes the wires are still there there are just routed by the wireless units........

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis