Acer H6500 DLP Projector Video Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Now before you start to think about all the reasons why a front projector may not be the best solution for you, let's take a look at this model, the Acer H6500. It's a 1080p DLP projector with 2100 lumens and it only costs $899. Given that you can pick up a starter screen for around $300, or even roll your own, that's a bright 100" display for $1000 or so. Where are you gonna find that kind of value in a flat panel TV? The H6500 lacks some home theater functions that might be important to you, like advanced video processing and auto-iris. At the same time it's ultra-portable, super-bright, and puts out a beautiful picture. It doesn't have lens shift or much zoom on the lens, so you're looking at a tabletop or ceiling mount installation. A rear shelf probably won't work. We think the H6500 is a great solution for those looking for a living room system - an inexpensive TV killer. If you want only the best, then keep shopping, but expect to pay a lot more as well.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WGJXHI5HLO0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/WGJXHI5HLO0?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>​

Discuss "Acer H6500 DLP Projector Video Review" here. Read the article.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

westcott

Audioholic General
My wife and I are unable to watch DLP projectors due to the effects created by them for any length of time. It varies from mfg to mfg but it is still a problem for some of us so I recommend that anyone looking into DLP technology, sit in front on a system for a movie or two before plunking down your hard earned money.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Also, there have been recent complaints that the black level from this native DLP unit just isn't what it should be. Acer has truly gone entry level, and apparently this projector exemplifies that.

Quality for cheap can be had with the Optoma HD20 (also DLP) for about $100 more. Or the entry level Panasonic AR100 (bright rooms) or Epson 8350 (traditional theaters) can be had for just about $300 more.

I would recommend, at this time, any of those three projectors over the Acer for image quality and overall satisfaction.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis