? about wireless net extender

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
Hi all.
I hope the term "net extender" is correct for what I want to do.
I currently have my Yamaha RX-V3800 receiver connected to my Linksys wired router using a Logitech Play Link.
The Play Link consists of two small boxes. One connects to the router, the other to the receiver's ethernet port. They communicate with each other via RF. It works great for internet radio, and for playing music files on my PC.
The issue I'm having is that while .wma and .mp3 files play fine, .wav lossless files don't. They stutter quite badly.
After doing a lot of reading, I'm sure the bottleneck is the Play Link. It seems RF can't handle the streaming of lossless files.
So, what I'm looking for is something to replace the Play Link that's similar in how it would connect to the router and receiver but would use a good wireless communication instead of the RF the Play Link uses. One to connect to my wired router, and one to connect to the receiver.
I'm not looking to stream video, just .wav lossless files.
I know I can replace my wired router, but I'd rather stay with it. It's been rock solid. Other than what I've described above, I have no other need for wireless.
Any recommendations?
Thanks in advance!
Jack

J

Jacksmyname

Audioholic
Hi Nomo.
I've been reading about power line adapters, and they look like the answer.
Thanks!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis