About the sonos sub and sounder

E

eric3carlsoc

Audiophyte
Hey u was gong to buy the sonos sound bar and wireless sub model are pbar1us1blk that is the sound bar and the sub is subgbus1 but they are both 700 each kinda pricy

is there anything that has excellent sound and bass like that one for around $350-700 that is hifi sound for the sub and speakers that is the soundbar and wireless subwoofer that is just as good because i want to buy one for my dad for christmas hope some one can help me out thanks

L

lallygagging

Audioholic Intern
Check out the Indiegogo crowd funding campaign for The Core Wireless Sound System. I have not heard it, but all the reports and previews of it have said that it sounds excellent. You can get a separate subwoofer for it if you so desire, but it is said to reproduce good bass without it... at least for most music.
Even with the subwoofer it is still within the price range you posted.

Here is the link: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-core-wireless-speaker-system

I have a very high end system, but I ordered two of these anyway (one for myself and one for my girlfriend) because of the good reports and also because it is very small and battery operated (a charge lasts for 12 hours) and, thus, portable.
I am also very curious about their claim that not only does it throw a very big holographic sound stage but also that the soundstage supposedly remains absolutely stable no matter where you are standing or seated in the room where you are listening to it. Those who have heard it say that this claim is true.

The only problem, in your case might be that you cannot get it by Christmas. But you could print up the webpage and gift wrap it as a homemade ''gift certificate'' so he will know what he will be getting.

L

lallygagging

Audioholic Intern
By the way, you will see that the webpage says that the campaign is ended but that they are still offering perks (i.e. a significantly lower price than what it will cost when it officially comes onto the market.)

L

lallygagging

Audioholic Intern
A couple more things:
The company that makes The Core is Mass Fidelity. Audioholics wrote a very positive writeup of another of their bluetooth products, the Mass Fidelity Relay. Here's the link to that writeup:http://www.audioholics.com/gadget-reviews/mass-fidelity-relay-hi-fi-wireless-receiver

I read somewhere in a preview or post that the author thought that it easily outperforms Sonos with respect to sound quality.

And, in case I wasn't too clear in my first post, the price of The Core and The Core Subwoofer, both of them together, is within your price range.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis