AAL Monitors not for sale anymore?

L

Legend

Audiophyte
Hello there.

I've been looking for the AAL Monitors at the Philharmonics Audio website but cannot find them. Are they still for sale? I'm planning on buying a pair soon, but don't know how to get it...

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Hello there.

I've been looking for the AAL Monitors at the Philharmonics Audio website but cannot find them. Are they still for sale? I'm planning on buying a pair soon, but don't know how to get it...
Hi. Have you checked the site in the last couple of days? It's been completely redone, and the Affordable Accuracy line is featured on the home page. The monitors, center, and towers are all available with fairly short turnaround times.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Hi. Have you checked the site in the last couple of days? It's been completely redone, and the Affordable Accuracy line is featured on the home page. The monitors, center, and towers are all available with fairly short turnaround times.
Dennis, so how did those Exotica 3s stack up to the AALs? None of the regulars seemed to have hit up CAF this year and i was actually pretty interested when Frank Van Alstine waxed poetic about em.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
They did a little too well. Not necessarily in relation to the Exotica's, but in relation to anything people were expecting. Word started to get around, and that's all anyone wanted to listen to. I never even got to set up the Philharmonitors, and barely played the 3's. And I got swamped in orders, which I've finally caught up on. The big reviewers chose not to visit Internet Direct rooms, and the one reviewer who did come (Enjoy the Music) still hasn't published. The Exotica's were very popular. Active bass really is a plus, and a lot of people preferred the slightly warmer sound of the big mid and dome tweet. I personally still prefer ribbons and a smaller mid, but it's nice to be able to offer the choice.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Dennis, I want a set of each to compare them {thats a big price range, lol}.. I really am addicted to the small mid driver and ribbon, and I wasn't ever crazy about ribbons...
Seriously though, Philharmonitors in piano black and I would order them today...

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Dennis, I want a set of each to compare them... I really am addicted to the small mid driver and ribbon, and I wasn't ever crazy about ribbons...
Seriously though, Philharmonitors in piano black and I would order them today...
Just order some black philharmonitors and hand rub em to piano gloss yourself with some clear lacquer, sand paper and some turtle wax :p

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Just order some black philharmonitors and hand rub em to piano gloss yourself with some clear lacquer, sand paper and some turtle wax :p
I will have them shipped to you, you go ahead and get them up to piano black and feel free to listen to them for an entire week for free :D then go ahead and send them on to me, lol...

I tried to change a set of red stands I had to piano black using high end spray paint and I ended up dropping them off at a body shop and having them automotive painted and clear coated....

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
Sending a Phils 2 owner some Philharmonitors is just asking him to take down his current surrounds and send them to you saying "whattdya mean these aren't Philharmonitors? This is the special dome tweeter version with anodized 5" poly-matrix cone. They're so new even Dennis doesn't know about em!"

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Sending a Phils 2 owner some Philharmonitors is just asking him to take down his current surrounds and send them to you saying "whattdya mean these aren't Philharmonitors? This is the special dome tweeter version with anodized 5" poly-matrix cone. They're so new even Dennis doesn't know about em!"
touche'

You could at least buy me a $90 pair piano black h265's and say they changed when you hand rubbed them...

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
You have progressed since the beginning - it is unique what someone's DNA can do.:)
That sure is some nice measurements for the center channel.

For the OP, this is the link.
Affordable Accuracy

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Dennis, I want a set of each to compare them {thats a big price range, lol}.. I really am addicted to the small mid driver and ribbon, and I wasn't ever crazy about ribbons...
Well, I'm sure Jim Salk would be more than willing to work up a pair of piano black Phil 3's for you. The hand-rubbed gloss will cost you a bit extra, but you knew that. So I'll put you down for a pair. PayPal--Credit Card--it's all rock and roll at Philharmonic Audio.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Well, I'm sure Jim Salk would be more than willing to work up a pair of piano black Phil 3's for you. The hand-rubbed gloss will cost you a bit extra, but you knew that. So I'll put you down for a pair. PayPal--Credit Card--it's all rock and roll at Philharmonic Audio.
Not phil3's where would I put them, lol Philharmonitors, gloss black, nothing fancy... :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
You're making this too easy Dennis :) I may have to upgrade to the AALs and sell my current FS52/C22

Still waiting on delivery of my used CAOW1s though :)

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Not phil3's where would I put them, lol Philharmonitors, gloss black, nothing fancy... :D
Well I'm Sure Jim could work up something for you in the Philharmonitor department. Gloss black would double the price, of course, but you strike me as a price-no-object type of guy. Invoice to follow.

ImcLoud

ImcLoud

Audioholic Ninja
Gloss Black Salk HT1s. They're like Philharmonitors, but shinier.
Them are approaching $3000, that is far above my bookshelf limit... I have been beating my self up about purchasing a set of sierra 2's and they are only $1500... I want piano philharmonitors for $850............................................................................ FOR $3000 I want a pair of subs, a preamp, and a pair of mono blocks,to go with them, :D lol

L

Legend

Audiophyte
I've checked the site, but didn't see the AA line, lol. I guess looking for informations at a cell phone screen is not the best option, lol.

How long does it normally take for production? I'm checking if there is someone I know traveling to the USA to bring them to me.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
I've checked the site, but didn't see the AA line, lol. I guess looking for informations at a cell phone screen is not the best option, lol.

How long does it normally take for production? I'm checking if there is someone I know traveling to the USA to bring them to me.
The wait time is only a day or two now.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis