C

christian Gaze

Audiophyte
I recently purchased at an auction a Hi Fi system ( Abbingdon Cd, Melody pre and a McIntosh amp ) and including a pair of A2t Reference Mezzo speakers - quite nice in a black lacquer finish.
I don't use them as I prefer my B & W speakers.
I can't find anything on-line about these speakers other than they are French made.
I would like to sell them but have no idea what sort of price to ask
Has anyone heard of these speakers ?

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Never heard of them, but as they are French they probably sound weird.

Is this the speaker?

I would put them up on eBay with $100 reserve and see what you get.

C

christian Gaze

Audiophyte
That's the one, mine are on stands. They came with a reasonably hi end system so I would guess were quite pricey, bit reluctant to let them go for silly money.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That's the one, mine are on stands. They came with a reasonably hi end system so I would guess were quite pricey, bit reluctant to let them go for silly money.
I doubt they are worth any significant money. They are not high end and I suspect may be a grade over 'White Van."

I have been on Google and eBay France.

The posts on forums are the same as yours: - "Has anybody heard of a2T speakers" and no one has.
On eBay France not one of their speakers is for sale.

I think they are a house brand of Cine Now, may be not even that.

If you like them at all keep them. You do not seem overly fond of them and they are likely junk.

I did find what I think is the mid bass driver and it is about 20 Euro.

I would say you will be lucky to get $100 out of them.

C

christian Gaze

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply - it's odd as they came with an Abbingdon CD, Melody pre and McIntosh 275 amp. all quite expensive kit.
I'll try them on Ebay

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Thanks for your reply - it's odd as they came with an Abbingdon CD, Melody pre and McIntosh 275 amp. all quite expensive kit.
I'll try them on Ebay
I disagree with Mark on this one as my GoogleFu mad skill are better than his :p;)

I found this little pdf brochure. https://www.yumpu.com/fr/document/view/31426698/banc-dessai-a2t-mezzo-dea-internationalcom
Now, I don't read french, but even I can read numbers in french :D:
On the second page I'd guess it says Price (Pair) 2460 Euro satin and 2840 Euro in Piano finish.

Some background here about speaker designer: http://www.frenchvintagehifi.com/hardware/category/a2t

So, no - these are not WhiteVan (inc)

But as for price - Good luck - they are practically unknown in states - so if listing on ebay - I'd list them in french ebay and be ready to ship them to europe.

C

christian Gaze

Audiophyte
Hi
That's fantastic, you've dredged information that i couldn't find - I salute your expertise.
As I said earlier they came with expensive kit and do sound good - i just prefer my B & W's
I am in the UK so no problem to ship to France - I'll try their Ebay
Thanks again

T

Thomas Massengale

Audiophyte
Please let me know when you put these up for auction. I too am in the UK.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis