A Sub for Sub $500 Price :-)

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
bd997,

For what it is worth I have the SVS 25-31 PCi (going for ~ 500 buck). I have been very happy w/ it and do not regret the purchase at all.

Good luck...
3 posts and you already want to sell something?:p

I guess you saw that Infinity DIY and now you got the itch.

mycroft

mycroft

Enthusiast
another SVS PB12 NSD recommendation

my $.02 - I got an SVS PB12 NSD a few months ago, and have nothing but good things to say about it. No real basis of comparison, but this sub handles anything that I realistically want to throw at it.

I got it used (for several several months) for $492, including shipping on this forum. I get a feeling that I got lucky and/or had really good timing to get it at this price. (Thanks again, Factor! :D)

I had been considering the cylinder, as it is slightly cheaper, and the shape would seem to work more naturally with the physics than a cube. However, there's no else's aesthetic considerations in play here, in my case. Again, people have mentioned this compared to the smaller footprint.

Anyway, good luck in your search!

L

LabRat

Audioholic Intern
Hi Isiberian,

I plan to keep the SVS. You must be a mindreader. I am considering buiding a 5.0 set (some day). Let me know how the madisound turn out; they look like a good deal and fun project... I have OK speakers but a bit of a mis-match now (Paradigm MM in front and Older Bostons (when still made in USA) for center and rears...

P.S. Only 3 posts but have been reading this site for a long time:)

"Live long and prosper"

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
SVS PC12NSD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have two! When I had one I was amazed by the sound quality. Now I am speechless every time I watch a movie! Plus for $550 each you cant go wrong.

Dave
Those are great subs!!!

M

meloman

Audiophyte
so you recommend the less expensive PB12-NSD?

Or

the HSU VTF-3 MK3 Subwoofer
The HSU vtf-2/-3 receive quite a bit of praise. Good thread, thanks for the input as I am also in the market for a sub.

GregLee

GregLee

Audioholic Intern
SVS and Hsu subs have excellent reputations. For something quite a bit cheaper, currently $182 from Amazon with free shipping, check out the 15" Sony SA-W3800 (which is probably at its best with fronts that can handle high bass). I haven't heard it yet.

F

FloridaDude007

Enthusiast
I might try the SVS PB12-NSD, I have narrrowed it down to that or the Velodyne DLS 5000R. I don't think I will go back to HSU again.

I ordered a HSU sub years ago, and they shipped me a joke.
I simply couldn't hear it unless I was 4 inches from it. To this day I think they shipped me a defective unit or it got damaged in transit. Called them up and the guy said, "you need two." I returned it and bought a Velodyne.

Maybe I'm missing it, but does anyone notice on the HSU website they don't provide any details on the materials in their products? If you go over to SVS website they have tons of facts about their materials, their woofers and cones, etc. but I find HSU to be kind of quiet about it.

TheFactor

TheFactor

Audioholic Field Marshall
I might try the SVS PB12-NSD, I have narrrowed it down to that or the Velodyne DLS 5000R. I don't think I will go back to HSU again.

I ordered a HSU sub years ago, and they shipped me a joke.
I simply couldn't hear it unless I was 4 inches from it. To this day I think they shipped me a defective unit or it got damaged in transit. Called them up and the guy said, "you need two." I returned it and bought a Velodyne.

Maybe I'm missing it, but does anyone notice on the HSU website they don't provide any details on the materials in their products? If you go over to SVS website they have tons of facts about their materials, their woofers and cones, etc. but I find HSU to be kind of quiet about it.
BTW The PB12nsd is a great sub I really liked it and priced well .

SVS FTW :D

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis