A Speaker Repair Question.

S

sherchlojo

Audioholic Intern
I was in the process of mounting a bookshelf speaker to its speaker stand when the threaded metal insert in the base of the speaker came loose and fell back inside the speaker. The speaker is a JBL Northridge N26. It appears to be sealed so the only access is the hole in the bottom where the insert was. The metal piece is not magnetic, so I cannot use a magnet to move the piece to the opening. Is there some trick I can use to get the piece back to the hole in order to get it out without damaging the speaker?
I am at a loss for ideas and would be most grateful for any tips.:confused:

jaxvon

jaxvon

Audioholic Ninja
It should be possible to unscrew the woofer and gain access to the cabinet that way.

S

sherchlojo

Audioholic Intern
Thanks for the reply.
In order to get to the woofer, I will have to remove the grill cloth cover.
The cover looks fixed on these little bookshelf speakers.
How do you remove the grill cloth from a JBL Northridge N26 speaker?

S

sherchlojo

Audioholic Intern
I Fixed It! Thanks!

OK. I got the grill cloth off. I removed the screws holding the woofer in place and was able to reach behind it and move the threaded insert back into place.
That was NO fun .
These stands which I am trying to connect to my speakers are the JBL stands that go with them. The stands are very hard to find,but I was lucky and found them online.
Just to let everybody know: If you have JBL N26 speakers and you want to attach them to the JBL stands, FSN26, be careful when you screw the top of the stand into the bottom of the speaker. The screw insert on the speaker bottom could dislodge and slip up into the speaker. Then you would find yourself in my predicament.
Thanks again.
I knew I could count on the Forum to solve another problem.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis