M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
I have a Yamaha RX-V465 it is a 5.1 receiver and it has a pre out on the back to make it a 7.1 I have ended up buying a used kenwood km-209 power amp and connected the pre out to the kenwood it works but the problem is i can not hear anything from the rear speaker unless you put your ear right up to the speaker. Before i hooked up the pre out to the amp i used an ipod to test the power amp and it was loud not an extreme loud but loud enough to fill the room and you can even see on the front of the kenwood its very low as the leds do not go up/down at all so i would like to know if any one knows what i could do to increase the volume to the rear speakers.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
You can go into speaker-setup and make sure the surround rears are turned on and also adjust you db's. That's step one and see what happens.

M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
Thanks for the suggestion but i have it on full as well as all my other channels i like my music and movies loud and i also turned every channel down except for the two rear speakers and i have to go to about -30.0 or above to get a decent amount of sound i have been looking around and have seen a line amplifier would that work?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Did you check your manual to see if what Walter said is the problem?

If those channel outputs are not turned on, turning them up will do nothing.

RTFM

M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
Yes the rear channels are turned on when they are off you cant adjust the db for the rear channels.

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Thanks for the suggestion but i have it on full as well as all my other channels i like my music and movies loud and i also turned every channel down except for the two rear speakers and i have to go to about -30.0 or above to get a decent amount of sound i have been looking around and have seen a line amplifier would that work?
It's been a long time since I've owned Kenwood, check if there is a gain adjustment on the rear of the amp. On some used to be just a small screw inside a little hole.

M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
It's been a long time since I've owned Kenwood, check if there is a gain adjustment on the rear of the amp. On some used to be just a small screw inside a little hole.
Checked and theres no gain adjustment on the power amp I have been looking at this would it work? and not create a lot of fuzz/noise from the rear speakers?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Does your receiver offer test tones? Do thsy work?

Also, not all material contains material in those channels.

M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
Does your receiver offer test tones? Do thsy work?

Also, not all material contains material in those channels.
Yes it does test tones and yes but i have the amp in 7 channel stereo.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
When you have it in the "real" 7 channel mode, does it send the tones to all the channels, including the 6th and 7th channels?

M

Mr.Bill

Audiophyte
Yes it sends the tones to every speaker does not matter what mode it is in when you do the test tone it sends a tone to all speakers and like i said before i think its with the Yamaha pre out is just to low i can hook up an ipod to the amp and the 2 rear speakers can get very loud and i think i may need that line booster amp and if i don't get what i want with that i may upgrade to a 7.1 was not really wanting to do this as the receiver is not all that old.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis