A Bluray with all the Features

D

Dakqc

Audiophyte
Hi all, seems like everytime I google something I end up here, so I figured I would join. I been searching for a bluray player, but having difficulty finding a match. I am pretty picky, but I got a feeling one of you knows the perfect model for me, so here it goes.

NEED To Haves:
- WiFi & Ethernet port
- Hulu Plus & Netfix streaming
- Discrete On/Off (for my URC Remote macros)
- Optical output
- Front & Rear USB
- DOlby-HD / DTS-HD

Would be awesome!
- ability to play video.ts movie files (so I can replace my media center)
- have a large selection of apps to stream from
- BD-Live

Optional
- 3D
- Under $200
- Clean Lines (Front)

Does this exist?

Thanks Alot!
- Dakota

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Hi all, seems like everytime I google something I end up here, so I figured I would join. I been searching for a bluray player, but having difficulty finding a match. I am pretty picky, but I got a feeling one of you knows the perfect model for me, so here it goes.

NEED To Haves:
- WiFi & Ethernet port
- Optical output
- Front & Rear USB
- DOlby-HD / DTS-HD

Would be awesome!
- BD-Live

Optional
- 3D
- Under $200
- Clean Lines (Front)

Does this exist?

Thanks Alot!
- Dakota
For $200? It might be difficult to find.. Comb the fliers and online retailers for discontinued models with these features.

farscaper

farscaper

Audioholic
Maybe one of the newer Panasonics? They don't have a USB in the back. BDT-210 or 310. Looks like they may have everything else from your list.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Even my Panny BD-65 has almost all of that and it is last year's model. No rear USB, no built in wifi, but is wifir ready; BDP-85 had wifi. So, yeah the current models should get most of that.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord

NEED To Haves:
- WiFi & Ethernet port
- Optical output
- Front & Rear USB
- DOlby-HD / DTS-HD

Would be awesome!
- BD-Live

Optional
- 3D
- Under $200
- Clean Lines (Front)

Does this exist?

Thanks Alot!
- Dakota
This seems like a tall order. The Sony BDP-S580 has everything except no optical out, just coax digital out. The Pioneer BDP-430 has optical out but no Hulu Plus and no built-in wifi. I think the Sony is the best one for $159 listed. It even plays SACD.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
For a little >200 the PS3 also does everything (almost) except a couple of small variance:

1) Both USB in the front.
2) Hulu needs a work around as they apparently blocked it a couple of years ago.

The Panasonic BDT models do have 2 USB slots but apparently the rear one is for camera and skype only whatever that means. So far I failed to find one that meets perfectly what you are asking but most likely there is one out there.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
What do you mean less than $200? The PS3 is currently at a lowered price of $249 down from $299. I was going to suggest that also however to use it with an IR remote, you will also need an IR to Bluetooth converter.

D

Dakqc

Audiophyte
Maybe one of the newer Panasonics? They don't have a USB in the back. BDT-210 or 310. Looks like they may have everything else from your list.

Wow, The Panasonic BDT-210 Looks like it has at least 90% of what I am looking for. I may be relaxing the whole discrete in/out thing, pending a response in another post about some universal remotes. Thank You all so much, I knew this was the place for answers. :)

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
What do you mean less than $200? The PS3 is currently at a lowered price of $249 down from $299. I was going to suggest that also however to use it with an IR remote, you will also need an IR to Bluetooth converter.
If you referred to my post I did use the > (greater than) sign. Anyway I think when people are looking for a BDP they typically don't consider the PS3 as one. I only mentioned it because it has all the features he listed with just the slight variance that both USBs are in the front (unless the FAT one is still available) and that it costs a little over his $200 limit. Other than that the BDT210 should be the one to beat.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis