A 6ohm speaker connected to same AVR as 8ohm speakers

B

BrianD

Enthusiast
My 2 mains are 8ohm speakers. If I purchase a center speaker that is 6ohm do I simply set my AVR to support 6ohm and the 8ohm speakers will still work just fine?

thanks in advance

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Just drive it as 8 Ohm. Tho it would be better to get 8Ohm center to match.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the speaker, but there's no reason to set the AVR for anything other than 8 Ohm. I don't think it will matter much and most AVRs do not have a "setting" for impedance aside from Yamaha which has 4 or 8 Ohm - which should also be left on 8 Ohm.

H

herbu

Audioholic Samurai
there's no reason to set the AVR for anything other than 8 Ohm
Agree. If you use the YPAO, or a manual method for "room correction" volume leveling, you will notice no difference and your AVR will handle w/o problem.

By the way, 25k posts for j-garcia?!?! Holy Moly! Congrats! Truly a Jedi!!!

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
Nope doesn't matter that the center channel is ohms. What matters is that the center channel matches the main fronts in that they all come from the same manufacturer and even better the same series.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Agree. If you use the YPAO, or a manual method for "room correction" volume leveling, you will notice no difference and your AVR will handle w/o problem.

By the way, 25k posts for j-garcia?!?! Holy Moly! Congrats! Truly a Jedi!!!
Wow, I stopped looking at that, sort of like not counting birthday candles lol :eek::)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis