Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Does anybody know of an HDMI cable or adapter that has a 90° end. I finally ran my wires behind the wall and they come out behind the TV. The problem is that the TV sits too close to the wall for an HDMI cable that sticks straight out. Even if there were a brand of cable that had a small and/or flexible end would be great.

I looked at the recessed HDMI wall plates and monoprice and although they give the appearance of being recessed, they look as though the connection is still flush to the wall. If there is a truly recessed wall plate out there, I'll look at that too.

Thanks.

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
Amazon carries a bunch for $1-30. Just search on 90 HDMI.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Thanks for showing me these adapters exist. My local stores don't carry them. I've never seen them. It's goofy but I looked at monoprice to find 90 degree cables but didn't scroll down the adapter page far enough to see that monoprice has them.

I ordered them from Monoprice then padded the order with a half dozen extra cables and such to make the order worthwhile.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Hey Dave,

I have the ones from Monoprice and my bedroom display and they seem fine. They are a little flimsy and I have read reports about the shell breaking open if they have any twist to them but I use them with some nasty stiff cables and they are working as intended.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I am using the Monoprice 90 degree adapter (not the flex one like shown above) with a short strain reflief cable and the results seem to be fine. Once everything is tucked behind the TV it's not like it's going to be messed around a lot with down the road.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis