712 DD Enclosure 33Hz

E

ET321

Audiophyte
Yo what's going on?
This is E.T.

I built an enclousure for a subwoofer that I thought was pretty DIY style.

Was building an 8th order that fit a 1512 Supercharged.
Though traded the 1512 for a 712.

The 8th order doesn't fit a 40lb 712 that's giant/deep in comparison to the 18lb 1512 and tuned to a recommended 28hz not 41hz..

So I cut the 8th order enclosure in half and built a 2.72 cubic ft enclosure tuned to 33Hz.

The guy who sold me the plans for the 1512 8th order is kind enough to sell me another plan for the 712 8th order.
1512 was Tuned: 24, 48, 96 hz.

(There will be an 8th order sequel!).
*Subscribe for the 8th Order.

But I'm still anticipating this 712 in its maximum recommend cubic feet of 2.75...

(2.72 cubic feet), 4" port- tuned to 33Hz.

I've seen crazy performance out of the 712 in basic Enclosures. I'll post a video.

I like the way it looks. Makes the video even better. ✌

Attachments

Last edited:
W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
Is this for a car or a home? If it is for cars there is no doubt a lot I don't know. It seems the 712 has an xmax of only 14 and a price of 540 dollars seems pretty high, at least considering what is available for home subs. Not that Xmax is the end all be all in driver performance. This is a Home Theater forum so you may not get the interest you may on a car forum if that is what you are doing. If I am wrong I apologize.

E

ET321

Audiophyte
Is this for a car or a home? If it is for cars there is no doubt a lot I don't know. It seems the 712 has an xmax of only 14 and a price of 540 dollars seems pretty high, at least considering what is available for home subs. Not that Xmax is the end all be all in driver performance. This is a Home Theater forum so you may not get the interest you may on a car forum if that is what you are doing. If I am wrong I apologize.
It's for a car.

Isn't the Xmax irrelevant if the sub is able to push high decibels without having to move that much?

I base my choice on YouTube videos.
A single 712 is incredible, and surpasses anything in its price range.

Its large motor and low tunning doesn't need to extend any further.
I'll be listening to chopped and screwed. Not rebased Christmas carols..

Last edited:
W

warnerwh

Full Audioholic
I'm not a car audio guy. One thing I didn't consider is that the driver is for a very low volume space, a car, so that driver will be able to be drive to a volume louder than anyone in the car should be listening at. I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't know every driver out there but for 540 dollars I'd be checking out Madisound and Parts Express among others. I think you'd be better off going to a car audio forum for knowledge than here. You're still welcome here though. This happens to be one of the best home theater/audio forums on the internet, really. Good luck!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not familiar with the drivers, but then we're not much into the car stuff around here. I wouldn't rely on youtube videos, tho. Stereo Integrity also makes some killer drivers fwiw.

E

ET321

Audiophyte
I'm not a car audio guy. One thing I didn't consider is that the driver is for a very low volume space, a car, so that driver will be able to be drive to a volume louder than anyone in the car should be listening at. I'm sure you'll be fine. I don't know every driver out there but for 540 dollars I'd be checking out Madisound and Parts Express among others. I think you'd be better off going to a car audio forum for knowledge than here. You're still welcome here though. This happens to be one of the best home theater/audio forums on the internet, really. Good luck!
poop I landed on a home theater forum.. Well thanks for the unique criticism! I learned more from another perspective.

Check out the specs on the 9915 from Digital Designs!

I will be building an 8th order that's based off of a Bose 80s home theater system.
...So I'll stick around.?

For the 712, it literally takes apart cars.
For example:

Last edited:
E

ET321

Audiophyte
Not familiar with the drivers, but then we're not much into the car stuff around here. I wouldn't rely on youtube videos, tho. Stereo Integrity also makes some killer drivers fwiw.
Check out this 8th order enclosure based on a Bose 80's System.

This guy sells plans/sheet cuts for car audio.

I think you guys should build this for your transportation.
This is what I'll be building:
10:05 to hear Bass

Last edited:
E

ET321

Audiophyte
PS. Digital Designs are known as the best.

Whatever specs your looking at from a home theater perspective, must in some inherit design (be irrelevant).

The Bass DD produces is second to none.

These things are UFOs.

Check out this single 8 :

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
PS. Digital Designs are known as the best.

Whatever specs your looking at from a home theater perspective, must in some inherit design (be irrelevant).

The Bass DD produces is second to none.

These things are UFOs.

Check out this single 8 :
You have a lot to learn about subs I think :). Bass DD produces is second to none? LOL. Couldn't get far into that annoying guy's video but couldn't be very exciting with a small driver like an 8".

Model your own boxes with a specific driver's T/S (Thiele Small) parameters....use software like winisd or bass box pro. You might like a site like data-bass.com....

E

ET321

Audiophyte
I think car audio is allot different than what you guys are doing.

You can put all that tech stuff on paper. But until you actually in reality compare the subs hitting.

Your just comparing Apples to Oranges.

Each model sub is designed to be a product as a whole. So you really have to test the product.
That's why companies test their products through the scientific method.

If it were as easy as comparing Xmas and parameters don't you think it would be too easy?

Reality check is that's not the case.

It's not a Parameter it's not an Xmas it's a finished product

Last edited:
CajunLB

CajunLB

Senior Audioholic
Thanks for sharing your expertise , I’m really glad someone finally came to this forum and telling all of them newbies how subs and boxes actually work.:rolleyes:

E

ET321

Audiophyte
Thanks for sharing your expertise , I’m really glad someone finally came to this forum and telling all of them newbies how subs and boxes actually work.:rolleyes:
I'm not associated with my choice of subwoofers in any way. Other than my personal choice.

But I was just wondering how long have you guys been building subwoofers?

E

ET321

Audiophyte
That's hilarious because you haven't even heard the subwoofer yet. And yet you're making all these spec claims.

Ultimately we're not talking about parameters or Xmas we're talking about a broken in subwoofer.

I think you're way too confident to be talking about a subwoofer like that. But talking about an hypothetical enclosure with that confidence is understandable.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis