62" versus 60" TV are you really losing much?

D

derek44

Enthusiast
I am getting ready to get a move away from my 62" DLP TV and get a 60" Plasma TV. I am addicted to a big screen, I know my new TV will rock on the picture quality, but I am still a bit concerned about losing the 2". Has anyone done this and do you really lose much? I was looking at the dimensions and the new TV would be the same width but 6 inches less on the Height.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it might depend more on aspect ratio than screen size. I am going to assume by the dimensions you give (i.e. same width but 6" shorter) that your current TV is 4:3 aspect ratio. That is to say that when you watch standard def TV, it fills the whole screen but when you watch widescreen, you have black bars across the top and bottom.

If that is the case, then you will probably have a bigger image in widescreen since the image will fill the whole screen of the new TV. The trade off will be that 4:3 SD images will be smaller because you will have black bars on the right and left sides. It's hard to say without knowing which products you are comparing but if I'm reading you right, then your HD broadcast and 16:9 movie content will be larger and this will be an excellent move.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I would guess that since you said your current tv is a DLP that it's a widescreen HDTV, but I don't think losing 2" will be that big of a deal.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis