6 Moons Passes on Reviewing Schifter's New Company

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
Here are some letters from Moons...

Srajan,
I'm most happy to see you gave Mark Schifter a pass. Considering his past shenanigans, I'd never buy anything from him or any company he is involved in!
Michael Burritz

Every hifi publication will shortly have to approach Mr. Schifter's comeback on their own terms since RMAF 2015 will see the official launch of Core Power Tech. Obviously gainful employ in the wake of AV123.com was necessary for restitution to be made and he has worked as an Emerald Physics employee since. That the courts have now released him into owning his own company might indicate that his legal obligations were met. That it would be another audio company is not surprising. But given a chance meeting I had with the owner of Sound Art in Guangzhou many years ago, I'm not comfortable promoting Mark Schifter in these pages with a formal review again. Hence my below response. I will however publish a news announcement on his product once his website bows. Those who need more can easily Google the subject. Just where people come down on redemption, second and third chances and all that will be entirely individual calls. Volkswagen presently find themselves in a related predicament. Work must go on but certain adjustments must be made. How it will affect VW going forward is anyone's guess. How Mark Schifter's return to the industry under his own flag will go remains to be seen.
Srajan

My respect for you just went up a couple notches further if that was possible. It is nice to be working with somebody whose ethical standards are unwavering.
Frederic
Hello Srajan,
I hope this note finds you well. Both scared and excited to share with you information about being released to own my own company again. I've been working on several products for the last few years while still full-time with Walter at Emerald. I'm still doing all of his design and building (4+ years now), but I feel the time is right to attempt a comeback. The kindness and grace people have shown me has been amazing. Nothing about the last 5 years has been easy but I'm working very hard on a redemptive path. I'm hopeful that you might be interested in my new products as I would love to share them with you and 6moons.
Humbly for sure…
Mark Schifter

Hello Mark:
Thanks for your note. All things considered, I'll take a pass.
Srajan

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I glanced at 6 Moons, didn't seem much there (to consider a second visit). Did they support Schifter at AV123 particularly?

C

Chu Gai

Audioholic Samurai
I glanced at 6 Moons, didn't seem much there (to consider a second visit). Did they support Schifter at AV123 particularly?
Not that I recall. 6moons seems to pretty much deal with high end stuff, a lot of it kind of wonky. AV451 stuff was generally priced reasonable and wouldn't fit in there. His new venture would have. One of the products was reviewed at Stereotimes.

Even though he's served his time and done his restitution as mandated by the courts, the amount by my estimation is maybe 5% of what he really owes. If I were him, I'd pass on any trips to Colombia.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Not that I recall. 6moons seems to pretty much deal with high end stuff, a lot of it kind of wonky. AV451 stuff was generally priced reasonable and wouldn't fit in there. His new venture would have. One of the products was reviewed at Stereotimes.

Even though he's served his time and done his restitution as mandated by the courts, the amount by my estimation is maybe 5% of what he really owes. If I were him, I'd pass on any trips to Colombia.
Thanks, 6moons looked wonky indeed. Shifty Schifter has a nice ring to it....

AV451?

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I sincerely hope he's changed his ways, but time will truly tell.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis