$500 budget for a decent receiver

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
I wonder if I even need another amp...

What do you guys think?
What are your speakers & what size is your room? Inefficient speakers and or a large room might lead you to an external amp.

A

aus10

Audioholic Intern
What are your speakers & what size is your room? Inefficient speakers and or a large room might lead you to an external amp.
Front left/right
EMP Tek E55Ti Tower Speakers

Rears
EMP Tek E5Bi Bookshelf Speaker

subwoofer
Rythmik FV12 - vented HT sub

I will run a optical cable from my tv back to the receiver.

The room is about 13X11 or so.

So this is the setup
Pioneer VSX 1121-K
EMP E55Ti front right left
EMP E5Bi rears
Rythmic FV12 subwoofer
PS3 via optical
Panasonic TC-P50GT30

Do you guys think that would be a good small home theater?

Last edited:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I wonder if I even need another amp...

What do you guys think?
You most likely do not need an amp.

Most people don't need an external amp unless they have a stadium size room or extremely inefficient speakers (79 dB sensitivity) or difficult load (nominal impedance 2 ohms).:D

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Pioneer VSX 1121
EMP E55Ti front right left
EMP E5Bi rears
Rythmik FV12 subwoofer
PS3 via optical
Panasonic TC-P50GT30

Do you guys think that would be a good small home theater?
Looks very good to me.

Excellent selection.

A

aus10

Audioholic Intern
Looks very good to me.

Excellent selection.
Glad you agree a guy on avsforum said "it won't suck"

Well I'd hope not this isn't really cheap stuff. I'm 16 so saving up for this has been awhile I'll post pics on here when I get the speakers.

A

aus10

Audioholic Intern
I just got the receiver yesterday and I can't get it to output any sound or even pop up on my screen. :/ brand new and it won't do anything read through the Manuel several times.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
I just got the receiver yesterday and I can't get it to output any sound or even pop up on my screen. :/ brand new and it won't do anything read through the Manuel several times.
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. You should be able to work quickly with tech support and hopefully get a quick replacement if it's truly DOA. It's a real pain, but I think you're better off now, well within the return window of the retailer. Later on you have to deal with a repair center.

A

aus10

Audioholic Intern
Sorry to hear of your misfortune. You should be able to work quickly with tech support and hopefully get a quick replacement if it's truly DOA. It's a real pain, but I think you're better off now, well within the return window of the retailer. Later on you have to deal with a repair center.
I guess my speakers were 3ohms and it was set to 8ohms and they think that caused it to mess up.... woops...

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis