BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Indeed. The shade is important.

You know, beige may be better. In fact, could you check beige not green for me? Thanks
It's a widely known fact that blue cables sound vastly superior to beige.

Last edited:
Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Very cool. I am thinking of moving to Cleveland as there is so much so easily accessible. I am looking in Shaker Heights, very close to Severance. Severance is why I am looking in Shaker.
And there are so many great museums in the University Circle area.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
And Cleveland has WCLV radio, a very serious classical music station.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
why do so many here act like a jerk just because their pockets are not deep?
Pocket depth has nothing to do with it.

Since you now want brown cables, Blue Jeans cable will make you 15' (5 metre) for $38.50 per cable. The have brown color using Canare cables. Belden does not come in the colors you want. Blue Jeans make excellent quality cables.

I can't believe you have not got yourself sorted out be now.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
why do so many here act like a jerk just because their pockets are not deep?
A) It was an obvious joke.
B) Nothing to do with cost, income, not depth of pockets.
C) I bought all my no-name XLR cables from eBay and have no regrets. I also purchased my "professional" USB audio interface, which the XLR mentioned above wires connect to, on eBay from the cheapest possible manufacturer: Behringer.
D) You have been recommended high-quality, high-value cables above several times (including from BJC). Paying more will not improve the sound
E) I am still a major asshole, but at least my joke wasn't meant to be a jerk to you.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Think @eljr has always been impressed by spending money rather than getting the best results from that spend.....

highfigh

highfigh

Sure, theoretically...practically maybe easier to move the amp and use longer speaker wire...but green speaker wire may be hard to find, too...
Long speaker wire runs are the worst way to set up a system- if LoZ is available, placing the amplification is always the best solution, as it's done in large venue sound systems. However, those are using extremely high power and long speaker cable for those speakers increases the cost significantly. Even with the stacks of amplifiers under the stage, the speaker cables can be more than 100' long.

However, this system isn't the same and if the amplifiers take up too much space at the front end of the system, there's nothing wrong with placing them farther away. The obsession over color isn't something I understand because long cable runs are usually hidden.

highfigh

highfigh

I need a 5 meter run of XLR cables that are shielded but I am having a hard time finding any that I like.
Does anyone have a link to such an item? Price needs to be less than $500 but not $19.99.
Thanks in advance.
What if the twenty dollar cables are as good as the five hundred dollar cables and you can't hear the difference?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis