4k bluray or Vudu UHD?

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Any reason to purchase the blurays over Vudu outside of having a physical copy? A few tests of vudus uhd content shows no artifacts whatsoever and audio is offered in DD+ with 7.1/atmos if applicable, I've also heard no artifacts on the audio compression, unlike with Amazon instant and Netflix. All bonus content is also included, and the price is similar or sometimes cheaper with Vudu. I don't care that much about lossless audio, so long as lossy bitrate is high enough, it's a waste of space anyways IMO.

I don't have a 4k BPD, and the price is awfully expensive at the moment, so 4k blurays would require an upgraded player.

Sent from my 5065N using Tapatalk

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
When discussing video, your display is usually the limiting factor. I still have pioneer elite displays , one 60 and one 50. I'd much rather watch in 1080p than have the motion issues of all but a few current displays.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have both a 4k BR (Xbox One S) and content for content Physical media wins out every time in picture quality. The question is it enough on your display to make a difference. 4K UHD Vudu costs as much, if not more than the Physical Counterpart. When you buy the physical Disc, you usually will get the Vudu code, so you will have the best of both worlds.

Darenwh

Darenwh

Audioholic
That is the issue that drives me crazy. They want you to move to digital delivery but the digital version is as much or more than the physical version with the digital included. Seems like whomever thought this up believes we will pay extra not to have a physical copy. The best way to get the digital version if you don't want the physical disk is to purchase the combo and sell the physical version. It is a crazy world we live in.

Another issue with the digital version that I cannot stand is you cannot resale it or pass it on to your friends or relatives. Again, where is the value?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis