ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
A couple of days ago I was only at -22 lbs. That's 15 lbs put back on from my best number. Other than knowing what I was doing wrong, I've been off the diet for a good 6 months because of work really. It's game on again. I started doing the right thing a couple of days ago trying to get my system adjusted to eating right before work kicks back in tomorrow. Tuna, turkey and egg whites here we go !!! :rolleyes: :D

The good thing is that I already know how. I have a fancy food scale. I know I'm not going to die if I stop eating before I am full. Eating within an hour of waking is doable after just one cup of coffee.

Oh yeah, I need to order the coffee maker Swerd recommended.
I have been pretty bad this winter myself.

I have been to the gym twice in 1.5 months and riding about half as much as normal.

My diet has totally sucked and I even ate Ice Creme last night which I never do.

I'm sure it's just all related to the new job and I will get back on track soon.

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
If it helps.. I've gotten fatter too. The winter sucks... I always put on a few... Every night is the one more last night for the extra snacks, drinks, whatever.. you can always work out tomorrow...

Just do what Rick does.. Start thinking about how you're going to look in your Easter dress and the weight will begin to fall off. But remember.. Bulimia isn't a joke..

It actually works... :D

majorloser

majorloser

Even plumpers need luv'n

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
i recently had some tests done, and saw some improvement. I'd still like to lower my cholesterol and ldl and raise that hdl some more :)

dec 2011
cholesterol - 195
triglyceride - 258
hdl - 37
ldl - 106

jan 2013
cholesterol - 170
triglyceride - 139
hdl - 41
ldl -101
09/2011
cholesterol: 230
hdl: 26
triglyceride: 1392
ldl: Unable to calculate the ldl when the triglyceride is >400 mg/dl. Direct ldl has been added.

01/2013
cholesterol: 173
hdl: 37
triglyceride: 88
ldl: 118

Pizza saved my life, no joke. I was ostensibly much healthier in 2011 than I am today, being about 20+ pounds lighter and more muscular.

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Holy crap at your triglyceride change, dude. Nice drop on the cholesterol and nice bump on the HDL :)

The only thing I did after my first test was cut back on my hamburger intake (and start drinking beer, but that was unrelated to the test results). I used to eat a double hamburger once or twice a day almost every day of the week. I still eat fast food 95% of the time, but I try to eat more chicken and stuff. I did start taking multivitamins and an omega 3 and flaxseed supplement a few months ago, which probably helped a little.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
Thanks! I can only imagine my doctor is a bit baffled by the results. The only positive change I've made between then and now is that I don't drink, though at the time I drank fairly heavily. I probably had on the order of 15-20 servings of alcohol the weekend before the original test, but the doctor didn't figure that would have any impact. Meanwhile in the month leading up to the latest blood test, I literally had pizza every night for dinner for a couple of weeks...a lot of pizza. I gained better than 10 pounds in that time span. :D

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
lol! 10 lbs of pizza is a lot of pizza.

On my recent test, I was supposed to fast after midnight and have nothing to drink but black coffee or water. I had a couple beers and a half bottle of wine the night prior and stopped drinking at 2359. I can't do 10 or 15 drinks though...4 or 5 is probably my limit :D I think the only thing that would have affected was my glucose level, which was still fine.

Steve81

Steve81

Audioholics Five-0
I dunno, but my next blood test is due in July, so I'm curious to see where things go. Hopefully I can loose a few pounds by then too. Just need to find the willpower.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Testy Testy! (leave it alone Alex) Are you retaining water?
The dawg is old enough for menopause
Just because I can't see or hear and all my hair is trying to turn gray- doesn't mean I'm old...

True and sad story. I started dying my goatee as it was getting so gray. Hey, I play in a young man's business...what am I supposed to do...

Leave it alone Alex...

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Just because I can't see or hear and all my hair is trying to turn gray- doesn't mean I'm old...

True and sad story. I started dying my goatee as it was getting so gray. Hey, I play in a young man's business...what am I supposed to do...

Leave it alone Alex...
Yeah? What's his name and is "business" a euphemism...?

Hey, you didn't tell anyone else to leave it alone!:D

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I don't have a goatee or beard, but I've noticed my whiskers are getting gray. I have brown hair and used to have reddish whiskers (which I took pride in, having some Scottish/Irish heritage). Now I'm happy when a hair goes gray...because it means that I still have it. :eek: :D

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
... having some Scottish/Irish heritage ... :eek: :D
I guess that means you like to drink but you don't like to pay for it. :p

A facial hair discussion? That's really cool. I can't wait for some pic's. :rolleyes: :D

djreef

djreef

Audioholic Chief
Imagine how bad I must have it.

Scotsman raised in a Jewish houshold :eek:.

Ya, I can squeeze a nickel 'til it screams.

DJ

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Ya, I can squeeze a nickel 'til it screams.
Hee, hee! :D That gave me a good chuckle.

A couple of weeks ago, I had two nickels in my pocket that I pulled out and rubbed together, reminding me of the saying. I felt rich.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis