A

allargon

Audioholic General
Anyone heard of Role Audio. I saw an ad for them on Facebook. (Red Flag #1)

Their site lists a rather diminutive bookshelf with reviews from online sites of which I never heard. (Red Flag #2)

http://www.roleaudio.com/kayak.html

The carbon fiber woofer looks intriguing. (I'm not sure how it sounds.)

Anyone auditioned these (not cheap!) puppies?

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I'm impressed with the plastic binding posts.

J

jamie2112

Banned
The prices are stupid high.I would pass on this one........

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
B&W has used carbon-kevlar midranges for years. These guys do seem pretty expensive.

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
Yes those look extremely pricey for what you get.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
From the article:

The sound of the strings, the very music, was breathing with life. I went into my listening room and was enthralled.
I'll take two.
:rolleyes: :D

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Reminds me of reviews of some of so called speaker cable

krzywica

krzywica

Audioholic Samurai
From the article:

The sound of the strings, the very music, was breathing with life. I went into my listening room and was enthralled.

I'll take two.
:rolleyes: :D
God said:
Genesis 2:7
"He breathed the breath of life into the man's nostrils, and the man became a living person."
I think God may have made those speakers. Buy them while you can!

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I'm impressed with the plastic binding posts.
Pretty much all receivers and amps have plastic ones, so I don't think there's an issue there. The ones they used do sort of look cheap-o though, for those prices.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I've heard the Role speakers, both the bookshelf and the tower versions. I think they are a pleasing speaker to listen to but with a quite different sound than most people might be accustomed to. They are going with a single driver in some form of a transmission line design. However it may or may not be a true transmission line, it does have the smooth bass sound that transmission lines produce and sounds like a much deeper bass than one would expect from such a small cabinet.

I don't know how these would measure on a graph but as I said, the overall sound is quite pleasing. They do sound better than many small form speakers and if space is a critical concern, I would suggest they are a viable option. Like any speaker though, an audition is recommended since no two ears are alike.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis