4 uls-15 mk2’s vs 4 pb-2000’s

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Day drinking is the best!
Hey I have a serious question when you put your subs back the way HSU suggested why can't you put the sub that goes in the back instead of on that that same side with the front one rather put it in the opposite side on the back? You could still fix your problem and eliminate the feeling that the bass is now coming from only that right side

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Day drinking is the best!
That's the suggestion SVS gave me put the right one behind the couches keep the left there where it sounds good but I wanted to try both back there cuz if they work out then I can do some other things with the front

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hey I have a serious question when you put your subs back the way HSU suggested why can't you put the sub that goes in the back instead of on that that same side with the front one rather put it in the opposite side on the back? You could still fix your problem and eliminate the feeling that the bass is now coming from only that right side
Yea idk dude. Actually when I called them that day I had it set up like you just described but when I gave them all my room dimensions, he said there was a better response how he suggested. Funny thing is I don’t think I ever switched the phase when I had one in the front right corner and one in left rear corner behind me to hear what it sounded like. Goddam it, I just gain matched the subs, ran ypao and went back n checked everything. I’m sick of moving ! Guess I’ll be playing again! I just wanna sit back n enjoy !

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
That's the suggestion SVS gave me put the right one behind the couches keep the left there where it sounds good but I wanted to try both back there cuz if they work out then I can do some other things with the front
And yours are heavier than mine dude!

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
And yours are heavier than mine dude!
I've got moving them down to a science now tho. Once I put those SVS isolation feet on for better clearance popping in floor sliders and pushing them around really is pretty easy now. I sure as s@$! wouldn't want to try getting them up some stairs though

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
I've got moving them down to a science now tho. Once I put those SVS isolation feet on for better clearance popping in floor sliders and pushing them around really is pretty easy now. I sure as s@$! wouldn't want to try getting them up some stairs though
Yea I’ll have to try front right and rear left again n switch phase on rear one and see how it sounds. I just want it as good as I can get it without having a mic n rew. Ypao n SPL meter can’t do everything

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Anyone watched skyscraper with the rock in it? I bought it the other day just because it has an Atmos soundtrack but I thought it did not sound good at all. I thought something was wrong with my system, maybe someone touched something Saturday when people were here for osu Michigan game but that wasn’t the case. All my movies still sound awesome.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Anyone watched skyscraper with the rock in it? I bought it the other day just because it has an Atmos soundtrack but I thought it did not sound good at all. I thought something was wrong with my system, maybe someone touched something Saturday when people were here for osu Michigan game but that wasn’t the case. All my movies still sound awesome.
Yeah those atmos soundtracks are hit or miss. Some really kick a@$! and some just suck a@$! Lol

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
By the way how are your subs coming along you get them dialed in just right?
Sorry man, I just saw ur post from last night. I never got back on here yesterday. Yea, I’m sure you saw I have them back up front, bass seems spread out throughout the room better that way.

Now idk if the in-room response is better that way cuz I can’t measure it yet but it’s not localized n sounds more even. A lot guys seem like they have denon receivers n obviously use audessey but is that better than ypao that Yamaha has? I have each one set to 75db to my seat but debating whether to set them a little higher like 77-78db each, idk.

How’s your system coming along? I saw your looking for a projector

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
By the way how are your subs coming along you get them dialed in just right?
I was thinking about a projector too but with my front row almost 9ft back n back row almost 13ft back from tv idk if it’s worth it, maybe just a bigger tv, idk. I’m thinking 100” might be as big as I could go

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
Sorry man, I just saw ur post from last night. I never got back on here yesterday. Yea, I’m sure you saw I have them back up front, bass seems spread out throughout the room better that way.

Now idk if the in-room response is better that way cuz I can’t measure it yet but it’s not localized n sounds more even. A lot guys seem like they have denon receivers n obviously use audessey but is that better than ypao that Yamaha has? I have each one set to 75db to my seat but debating whether to set them a little higher like 77-78db each, idk.

How’s your system coming along? I saw your looking for a projector
It's coming along great. I'm in the planning stages on the projector if it fits the budget and looks like it will work I will pick one up after Christmas my own Christmas present! Lol

As for Ypao and Audyssey in my room I've discovered running Audyssey actually hampers the sound in bass and the overall mids and highs. Every room is different tho. So I used Audyssey and ran it to set distances level match my subs at that time I had no SPL meter. And to get speaker levels set which it does fairly well with. But then I just turn it completely off and tweak from there. You might try turning Ypao off and see if that helps your bass response turning off Audyssey did on mine. Helped my bass out a lot.

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I was thinking about a projector too but with my front row almost 9ft back n back row almost 13ft back from tv idk if it’s worth it, maybe just a bigger tv, idk. I’m thinking 100” might be as big as I could go
Also for me the ultimate goal is nonlocalization there's others as well but if you can nail that down I'd say the rest is hopefully just a matter of tweaking. I love that feeling of bass all around me it's just immersive

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Also for me the ultimate goal is nonlocalization there's others as well but if you can nail that down I'd say the rest is hopefully just a matter of tweaking. I love that feeling of bass all around me it's just immersive
It's coming along great. I'm in the planning stages on the projector if it fits the budget and looks like it will work I will pick one up after Christmas my own Christmas present! Lol

As for Ypao and Audyssey in my room I've discovered running Audyssey actually hampers the sound in bass and the overall mids and highs. Every room is different tho. So I used Audyssey and ran it to set distances level match my subs at that time I had no SPL meter. And to get speaker levels set which it does fairly well with. But then I just turn it completely off and tweak from there. You might try turning Ypao off and see if that helps your bass response turning off Audyssey did on mine. Helped my bass out a lot.
I don’t think I can turn ypao off when I run it. My understanding of it, is when I run it it automatically sets an eq to the speakers so the only way it’s not on is after I run it n set it to through in the receiver

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
You set each of ur subs to 75db?

D

Danzilla31

Audioholic Spartan
I don’t think I can turn ypao off when I run it. My understanding of it, is when I run it it automatically sets an eq to the speakers so the only way it’s not on is after I run it n set it to through in the receiver
Hmmmm that's interesting the denon aibhave after you run Audyssey you can go into the menu and turn it off. It turns off the filters and eq it sets but leaves the distance and channel levels where they were set.

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Hmmmm that's interesting the denon aibhave after you run Audyssey you can go into the menu and turn it off. It turns off the filters and eq it sets but leaves the distance and channel levels where they were set.
Yea dude I can turn it off after, which on mine it’s a through option which I assume that no eq is added but does keep everything else set like distance n levels

R

Reckel

Audioholic Chief
Yes always but after I get everything matched to my satisfaction I am guilty of running them about 2 or 3 db hot! I am a bassaholic!:)
Do you put your mic in your seat on a tripod or just in front of your seat when you measure?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis