4 channel receiver Recommendation

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
My dad wants to get a receiver to run

(4) Polk Audio Atrium8 SDI (White) All-weather indoor/outdoor speaker with selectable stereo input mode at Crutchfield.com

That we will have outside on his patio.

He's looking to spend about $100-200. He is not an audiophile as you probably could gather from his speaker choices. He wants something with basic radio tuner and ability to hookup Ipod to it. He will not listen to it very loudly.

He doesn't need surround processing capability, video switching, audio only. He will only be playing it in a stereo mode, but with 4 speakers. He does not want to buy used.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
An Onkyo or Harman Kardon stereo receiver should be able to fit that bill, and should be able to handle the second speakers via "B" outputs. The only problem is, I don't think you are going to quite hit that budget new. The Onkyo TX-8255 is $250 MSRP, so you might be able to find it for around $200.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
This item seems to fit the request perfectly:
TIC AMP10 Exterior Amplifier/Receiver 302-150

I know nothing about it, so this is not a reccommendation, you will have to read up and do the research on it yourself.

Please let us know. If he gets this unit, a report back on it would be much appreciated.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
That thing does not get good very good reviews, but I do sincerely appreciate your suggestion.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Neither are four channel receivers but they will handle your four speakers. There are no four channel receivers.

THIS is most likely your best bet.

Either that, or THIS will do if you demand NIB.

It does seem kinda funny dropping al those $$ on speakers and skimping out on amplification though.

B

Beatmatcher247

Full Audioholic
All of these suggested ones, have push buttons for speakers A and B, so when you push in both A and B, all 4 speakers will play yes, even though its technically 2 channels?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis