2nd Annual Kansas City Speaker G2G and BBQ in the Park - Saturday October 19, 2013

A

Archaea

Enthusiast
Second annual Kansas City Swope Park speaker meet.

What: Speaker Meet in Swope Park of Kansas City. Hamburger, Brats, Hot Dogs, BBQ and fun. Feel free to bring your speakers or subwoofers to share demos and introduce yourself to other Kansas City A/V enthusiasts.

When: Saturday October 19th, 2013 starting at 10:30AM. (I'll be there early to setup - feel free to join me earlier if you like) -- we'll keep going as long as people want to hang around.

Where: Swope Park Shelter House #7 off of Oldham road.
Google Map View: --- look how isolated this place is!!!
http://goo.gl/maps/tmSmL

Here’s a short video of last years fun!
KC Speaker Meet and BBQ in Swope Park - YouTube

This will be very casual -- no standardized music list - - - just whatever people want to demo. Bring your CDs and mp3 players, mp3s, flacs, whatever you want. Any and all music welcome – but keep the music clean because this is a family event and a public setting! It’s a chance for our wives and kids to interact and for the men to grill and talk audio!

I'll bring my Captivator Pro pair to cover sub duty, likely being powered by an IPR 7500. The mains will run off a pro amp as well - perhaps a Behringer Inuke DSP 3000. An Onkyo AVR will act as pre-amp/switching source. We'll run all the gear off a single shelter house 20amp electrical outlet – so newer, more energy efficient amps will be used where possible.

All attendees should volunteer a dish, pot luck style. The event will be family oriented – bring your wife/gf/family and kids if you like.

We'll barbecue hamburgers, brats and dogs, and just enjoy listening to some speakers and discussing the hobby. The park shelter house’s grill will be lit up and available if burgers or brats aren’t your think and you want to grill your own premium meats.

Please sound off on if you plan to attend, and what food you plan to bring.

The following people have expressed interest, and hope to attend:

• carp
  • stitch1
  • randy bessinger
  • jedimastergrant
  • mrsmithers
  • luke kamp
  • archaea
  • scrappydue

Anyone from the audio/video community is welcome! Vendors feel free to contact me if you’d like to showcase any gear. Last year JTR Speakers submitted the Noesis 212HT for the event and carp fell in love (well honestly so did the rest of us), and carp ended up buying his set immediately after the event.

Bring yard games if you have them. I'll bring Bocce Ball. Other suggestions?

This park shelter is within minutes of the KC Zoo. If the family comes along and wants to go to the zoo for the afternoon - please feel that is an option as well.

Speakers to be auditioned:

1. JTR Noesis 212HT (and/or 228HT)
  2. yours?
  3. ...getting confirmation on others???... (Klipsch Cornwalls, Crystal Acoustic THX, AES or SEOS DIY, Tekton Pendragons etc)

A

Archaea

Enthusiast
Tekton Pendragons confirmed to be attending via avsforum member thebean

Natrix

Natrix

Junior Audioholic
I would love to attend, however I have plans to play golf in Manhattan and that will eat up most of my day. Maybe next year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis