2013 Fathers Day Electronics Gift Guide

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
This is the time of year we get to to check out all manner of electronics for our annual Father's Day Electronics Gift Guide. 2013 has a ton of Bluetooth and wireless products as well as new headphones and cases for the new iPhone 5.

Check out our 2013 Fathers Day Electronics Gift Guide

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
WOW, I am shocked to see a Pyle item on the list... They have very poor reliability, and their stuff tends to fail within a week or two. Was that sound bar even tested? Or was it picked because of price and "features" only? For the same price range you could have put in Zvox Z-Base 555 or the Yamaha YAS-101

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
My personal favourite for Father's Day: take the old man out for a nice dinner and enjoy some quality time :) maybe you can give him a gadget after as well, but he'll probably appreciate the conversation more :)1

H

hortence222222

Audiophyte
I am not surprised to see a Pyle product, since half of the rest is for Apple. Apple is NOT the only game in town! I will put my Galaxy against one any day. Might as well add some Harley Davidson stuff too. All show, no go, lives on reputation!!!

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
This list is an EPIC FAIL. Did you just copy-paste the list from some hipster-techno-geek blog? Thanks for the infomercial guys!

Okay, the Yamaha AVR, V-Moda headphones and Spears-Munsil HD Benchmark BD make sense (and are bona fide quality AV products), but, 5 different iPhone cases and 8 iPhone dock/ wireless boomboxes! WTF is a beanbag chair doing in the list of gadgets and gizmos? I would even understand if it was a recliner for HT rooms, but beanbag, seriously?

How about something on the lines of,

For the tweaker, MiniDSP in a box, UMIK-1 measurement mic, Dayton Audio UMM-6 Measurement Mic, OnmiMic Package, CalMAN kit
For the bookworm, Sound Reproduction: The Acoustics and Psychoacoustics of Loudspeakers and Rooms by Dr. Floyd Toole
For the travel bug, an all expense paid trip to CEDIA, E3, Comic-Con or some other techno geek convention
For the videophile, Panasonic ZT/VT60 or Samsung F8500 series TV
For the DIYer, a gift card to Parts Express/ Madisound/ Meniscus

That's right, something meaningful. IMO, an iPhone case is a tie or cologne of the 21st century.

3zones

Enthusiast
I can say there isn't anything on that list I want or need.

J

jcunwired

Audioholic
My Dad still talks about the Braven portable bluetooth speaker I bought him last year.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis